Part 39

Target: 65 votes

Gauri was lying on the bed, trying to get some sleep but she couldn't get over with her reports and what would be the test results and on top of that her Omkaraji is not talking to her. She tried calling him back but he had cut the calls first but then switched his phone off. How could she sleep when her life is fully turned upside down. Hugging the pillow she was lying lifelessly. Her hair messed up and cheeks had stains of tears. After a while, she heard knock on the door. Wondering who might be this late night, she fixed herself a bit and opened the door.

G: Maa, ka hua itni raat ko? Aap ki tabiyat to theek hai na?

(Maa, what happened? Are you feeling well?)

She questioned worriedly.

S: Main theek hun. Tune apni ka halat bna rakhi hai? Ani sakal dekh... Aur tu ab tak so kahe rahi hai? Aaj karwachauth hai. Waise to yeh patniyan apne patiyon ke liye rakhti hain, lekin tujhe bhi rakhna chahiye.

(I am fine. What had happened to you? Look at your face... and why are you still sleeping? Today is Karwachauth. However, it is for all the wives who fast for their husbands, but you should also keep it.)

G: Haan Maa, hum rakhenge.

(Yes Maa, I will keep it)

S: Mujhe to laga tha tum uth gayi hogi lekin...

(I thought you might had woken up by now but...)

G: Pata nahi kaise dimaagh se hi nikal gaya.

(I don't know how I forgot about it)

Shilpa looked at her, and grabbing her hand she made her sit on the bed in front of her.

S (seriously): Gauri, ka baat hai? Main dekh rahi hoon kuch dino se tu khoyi khoyi rehti hai. Omkara se bhi sahi se baat nahi kar rahi. Tum dono ka jhagda hua hai ka?

(Gauri, what is wrong? I've been noticing you are always lost somewhere. Not even talking to Omkara properly. Did you both fought?)

Gauri teared up and sobbed a little nodding her head in a no, holding her mother's hand.

G: Nahi Maa

(No Maa)

She hugged Shilpa tightly and sobbed.

G: Maa, humain bht dar lag raha hai, hum ka karen humain kuch samajh nahi aa raha.

(Maa, I am scared, I don't know what to do.)

Shilpa caressed her hair and back to calm her down as she got worried by her state.

S: kis cheez se dar lag raha hai tujhe?

(What are you scared of?)

G: Hum...hum tujh se door nahi hona chahte Maa, hum O...Omkaraji se bhi door nahi jana chahte.

(I..I don't want to leave you Maa, I a..also don't want to leave Omkaraji.)

Shilpa smiled thinking that she is crying because of her wedding that she would have to leave her.

S: Gauri, tu na bilkul paglait chiraiya hai. Yeh bhi koi rone ki baat hui. Baitiyon ko to apne ghar ki hona hi hota hai ek na ek din. Aur tu Omkara se kitna pyaar karti hai, tu uss ke saath apni aage ki zindagi ka soch. Ye sab faltu cheezen dimaagh se nikal de. Hmm. Chal ab uth aur kuch khale. Tu to poora din ghar nahi thi lekin Jhanviji ne teri sargi bheji thi aur Omkara khud dene aaya tha iss bahane ke tujhe mil sake, lekin tu aayi nahi aur na phone utha rahi thi to woh chala gaya.