Chapter 37- Let's Stop

"Eva, where's Shivi?" Annika asked with a frown a few hours later. "You picked her from the school right?"

"Yes Ma'am I did." Eva nodded. "But Shivaay took her for an ice-cream."

"What?" Annika exclaimed, shocked. "When? And why did you let him?"

"Well, he asked Shivi if she wanted an ice-cream and she got very excited so-

"So you just let a stranger take my daughter outside of my office premises?" Annika suddenly shouted angrily, scaring Eva.

"I am so sorry Ma'am but-

"I don't want a but.Go and bring her back right now, I hope you know where they are." Annika said and Eva nodded before running outside the office.

Annika sighed desperately as two minutes later Shivaay walked in the office with an asleep Shivi in her hands.

"Give her to me." Annika said, her anger laced in her voice. Taking Shivi from him, she took her inside and laid her on the couch. Closing the door slightly, she walked out to face Shivaay.

"How dare you take my daughter outside without my permission?" She asked, trying not to scream.

"I just took her for-

"An ice-cream? That was not my question. I asked how dare you take my daughter outside without my permission." She asked again and Shivaay looked at her.

"I told Eva-

"Eva is not her mother, is she? I am. Right?" She asked and raised an eyebrow as Shivaay nodded. "And so what if you told Eva? You should have asked mebefore taking my daughter outside."

"Annika, I am sorry, I understand-

"No, no you don't understand." Annika shook her head. "You do not understand. A stranger took my daughter away! Imagine if someone took yourdaughter away from you, how would you feel?"

"I am not a stranger Annika." He said, not believing that she thought of him as a stranger and gulped. "And Shivi is my-

"She. Is. Not. Your. Anything." Annika said slowly and blinked away her sudden tears. "And I would really like it if you stay away from my daughter. What are you trying to do? Getting close to her as such? Is this one of your SSO Foolproof Plans? Using my daughter to get closer to me?"

"Annika, I-

"Shivaay if you think I am stupid enough to not see what you are trying to do, living here, working here, staying close to my daughter, then let me tell you, you are very, very wrong." Annika said and gulped. "I let you stay here, work here because Eva hired you and I did not want to hurt her feelings! But, if you think I don't understand what's going in your mind, then I let me tell you again, you are very wrong!"

"Listen Annika, it's-

"Shivaay, do you think that I will come back to you?" She suddenly asked and Shivaay blinked.

"I...I don't-

"Oh my God, you think I will come back to you!" She chuckled with shock and tears were back. "Do you...not realize what you have done...to me? How much you have hurt me? Yes, I forgave you for that but it does notmean I forgot about that!"

"Annika, I am sorry-

"Can you just...leave." She said interrupting him and she frowned.

"What?" He asked slowly.

"Leave right now. Just go." She said and nodded to herself.

"Annika, I just can't go like this, I work-