Chapter 56- Heart to heart

"Thanks for doing this Shivaay." Annika said to him as the kids ate their pizza with Rudra and Soumya telling them stories.

"It's okay. I really...like this. Family time sort of...thing." He said between bites of pizza and she smiled, nodding. "I mean, now that I am going to live here, I need to get used to this. You and the Jaisinghs are very close, as I have observed."

"We are." She chuckled as he stated the obvious. "Like a joint family who just lives in three separate houses."

He laughed and nodded as they walked to the balcony, relishing the cool breeze.

"It was really nice of you to give Sonakshi and Vikram some time." Shivaay said and Annika shrugged with a soft smile.

"It's been a long time since they...spent some time alone. I know people need that." She said and took a bite of her pizza. "It's difficult to maintain an intimate relationship, physical or otherwise, if you have two little kids and are working full time, I suppose."

"It is difficult. I have seen Soumya and Rudra struggle a bit, they have had a good share of fights between them since Rumya's birth, nothing serious but you know,why isn't the milk ready, why isn't she bathed yet, where are her diapers, why are there food crumbs all over the pram, etc etc." Shivaay chuckled. "But we live in a joint family and there's always many helping hands."

"But we are a tight group of people." She chuckled. "That's why I wanted to help. They are the only couple I have seen, who have...everything sorted out. Their marriage, their relationship, their kids, their work, their life...everything is perfect. Touch wood."

"I have seen that in Rudra-Soumya and Om-Gauri's relationship but of course, they had there share of obstacles before getting together. And believe me, they have their intimacy very-

"I don't want to hear about that!" Annika gasped and laughed with wide eyes, shaking her head as he smiled.

"What about you then...did you have any...intimate partners...?" He asked and she looked away.

"Why are you...you know I didn't have any boyfriends." She said and gulped.

"It's okay, you can tell me." He shrugged and she bit her lip, as if thinking of saying something. Shivaay waited with bated breath as she shook her head.

"No...there was nobody...no one." She said and he knew she was lying.

"Annika, you know I can read you like...I read contracts. Clearly and smartly." He said and she sighed.

"It was not...he was not a boyfriend. Just some guy-

"I know you won't do anything with some guy." Shivaay said and she looked at his blue eyes, with guilt in her own.

"He was...Siddharth's friend from college." She said and shifted on her feet uncomfortably. "We met at Sid's reunion and Shivi was not...in the picture. I was...stressed and lonely...and a little drunk-

"Did he force you-

"No! No, no. I wasn't that drunk...I knew what I was doing and I just...couldn't stop. After a long time, I could...feel my emotions and I liked that. I just wanted to feel good-

"Did he make you feel good?" He asked and she could see his eyes darkening a bit. She took a step forward and cupped his cheek.

"Please Shivaay. I am sorry...I shouldn't have-

"No. I am sorry." He shook his head and cleared her throat before his eyes were her favorite blue again. "I can't blame you for wanting to feel...happy and good about...anything. If I started this conversation, I should have prepared myself for the answer."

"But you didn't because you were not expecting this...answer." She said and chuckled. "What about you? Did you-

"No. I didn't." He said and held her hand with a radiant smile. "Because I always hoped...we would find our way back together to each other. But-

"I didn't." She nodded. "That's why I-

"It's okay." He said and hugged her. She breathed in his musky scent and smiled to herself.

"What was his name?" He asked and she chuckled.

"Why? Do you want to put a bounty on his head?" She asked and broke the hug with a chuckle.

"No...just wanted to Google him." He shrugged and she bit her lip to stop laughing.

"Well, good luck with finding Aditya on Google." She said with a cocked eyebrow.

He laughed as the doorbell rang. Annika took a step away to open it when he held her hand.

"I'll see." He said and walked to the door, putting his plate aside.

"Hey." Siddharth said as he looked at Shivaay with a dramatic glare. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Sid!" Annika gasped as she walked to the door.

"It's okay...we are just having pizza." Shivaay said with a smile and walked back in as Annika glared at her friend.

"What was that?" She asked, shaking her head as he walked inside.

"I was intimidating him." Siddharth shrugged. "Telling him who's the boss."

"This is my house." Annika crossed her arms. "I am the only boss. Now go inside and eat your pizza."

"Love that. I brought beer." He said and showed her the four bottles before walking inside as Annika sighed loudly before following him.

As everyone sat down to have the dinner, Annika and Siddharth opened their drinks and she started the television for the kids so that Rudra and Soumya can talk with the adults. Shivaay came out of Annika's bedroom after checking on Rumya and Aashima and took his seat beside Annika with a pizza slice in his hand.

"What are you drinking?" He asked as he saw Annika drink from a plastic glass.

"You want?" She smiled and offered him a glass. He just shrugged and took a sip before scowling at the slightly bitter taste.

"Is this beer?" He frowned, putting the glass away. "You drink beer?"

"Yes, I love it." She chuckled at his grimacing face. "We usually drink in plastic glasses because of the kids."

"It's so gross though, I hate it. Ew." Shivaay said and bit into the pizza to dissolve the unpleasant taste in his mouth.

"Shivaay!" She laughed at his childishness. "It's not gross, it's good. I know it's tastes...bitter at first but it's good after a few sips."

"No thanks I'll stick to sparkling water." He shook his head and took a large bite out of the pizza.

"So Shivaay." Siddharth said and Shivaay looked at him. "What are your plans now?"

"Uh...nothing...we'll just go to the hotel and retire for the night." Shivaay shrugged and Siddharth looked at Annika.

"Is he for real?" He said and Annika chuckled as Rudra nodded.

"He is. That's what we have to bear everyday. I have been bearing this for the last twenty-eight years." Rudra said and Soumya nodded.

"What...what do you mean?" Shivaay asked, looking at everyone with a confused expression.

"He meant what are your plans...regarding Di and you." Soumya explained and Shivaay's mouth went o.