Eric Carson

Eric

I first met Charles McKenzie so many years ago. I was still in the army then, eager from some adventure in my life. He left the army a year before me, I think.

I met him again later, at a bar in his hometown. He told me that his wife had left him, and the tragedy of his son. Then he told me about his house. He said that one day all the lights would go on, and he wanted me to bring his son home. It was a strange request, but I agreed. I think out of everything I've seen and done, this was the one. The one that would stick with me forever.

When I met Will, I assumed that this was the son he told me about. He never told me that he had two. I didn't find out until I heard Faith say so. I think this is all my fault.

When Faith got here it was easy to slip away without them noticing. I pop the trunk to my car and grab my rifle. I bought it for hunting, even though I don't hunt anymore. I think I just keep it around for safety nowadays. Safety from what? Now that's a great question.

Checking my gun, I take a deep breath. With a nod, I slam the trunk shut.

I go around the far side of the house, ducking underneath a hole in the fence. I don't think anyone else knows its here. Having walked this property so many times... No. Focus.

I head up the hill, gripping my gun tight. I have to save Charles McKenzie because he can't save himself.