Chapter 48

Aliyah woke up to someone pounding on the door. She got up and rubbed her eyes. She walked downstairs wondering who was banging on her door like that so early in the morning. She looked through the peephole and saw it was Marks mom.

"Hi Mrs.wood" She said smiled looking at the beautiful fair skin tall woman with long grey hair.

"My baby is in jail they tried him as an adult and he spending ten years in there" She sobbed holding Aliyah.

"Mark" Aliyah asked

"Yes him my baby won't make it in there" She said crying harder.

Aliyah didn't cry she stood there in shock. She held onto his mom. She felt like she needed to be strong for her and dint cry. Aliyah knew Mark was going to end up in prison and she didn't do anything to stop him.

"Whatchu gonna do about Jordan" Aliyah asked

"Ion know liyah I can't watch him the police keep circling my place Ima have to move"

"You know where to" Aliyah asked

"Ion know yet but Ima write you a letter when I get settled giving my information then can you pass it to Mark" She asked her

"Yeah I can do that"

"Also can you watch Jordan I know Mark would trust you with his child and ion want him getting hurt being with me"
Aliyah nodded and Mrs.wood kissed Aliyah's right cheek and left the house.

Aliyah sat on the couch with Jordan she put nick Jr. on for him. She couldn't believe that Mark was really in jail she looked at Jordan who was smiling. Aliyah laid back missing her best friend already. She hoped he would be the same person as before and that they would let him out early for good behavior.

The twins ran down stairs wishing her a happy birthday. Aliyah put on a smile and hugged her siblings. They started messing with Jordan and making him laugh.

"Where's Mark" Jackie asked

"Uhh he in jail key" Aliyah told her

"You lyin liyah forreal where is he" John asked

"Mark in jail" she said looking at the both of them. They knew that she was being serious.

"For what" They asked simultaneously

"Selling drugs" Aliyah told them

"How long" they both said

"Ten years" She responded leaning back

The twins decided to stop asking her questions noticing how upset Aliyah was. She walked upstairs and relaxed in her room. She took a shower and put on a oversized white tee and brown shorts. She blasted music in her room and laid in bed. Drifting off and going back to sleep.

Steve knocked on Aliyah's door and the twins opened up. Steve was used to them opening up the door. The twins invited him in and Steve sat down on the couch noticing the loud music coming from her room. He stood up and knocked on the door.

Aliyah opened up looking at Steve then going back into bed again. Steve noticed how messy her hair was and knew something had to be wrong. He turned off her music and sat on her bed.

"What's goin on" He asked

"Mark in jail" She said looking at the wall

"For how long"

"Ten years"

Steve hugged her knowing how close she was to Mark. He didn't know what to say to her but all he could do was hug her. Aliyah wondered why he was being so nice to her after she told him that she didn't want to be with him. Aliyah decided not to fight it and embrace his hug.

Aliyah's phone started ringing and Aliyah jumped up. She looked at it and wondered who was calling. It was an unknown number and she hesitated to pick it up. She decided to take the call.

"Happy Birthday Liyah" Mark said excitedly

"HI MARK" Aliyah exclaimed making Mark smile

"How you doin" he asked

"I'm Aw'ight missing your dumb ass how you"

"Ya know could be doing better I guess but I'm still alive right"

Aliyah ran down stairs and put the kids on the phone knowing that would brighten up his day.

"Hi Mark" The twins yelled

"Hey kiddos"

"Dada" Jordan said clapping

Mark started blinking back his tears and said  "Hey lil man"

"They miss you too" Aliyah smiled over the phone

"Promise to write me liyah" he asked

"No duh I'll send you pictures n everything" Aliyah smiled

"Thanks shortie"

"No problem idiot"

The call ended and Aliyah smiled. Mark made her day better and she was happy to have him as a friend. Aliyah walked back upstairs with a smile on her face and sat next to Steve.

"Happy birthday" Steve said

"Thanks Stevie" She smiled at him

"Oh yeah here ya go" He said handing her the pink and purple bag

Aliyah jumped on him and hugged him and yelled "THANKS STEVE"

"No problem beautiful" he hugged her back

Everyone made their way to Aliyah's room and they sat back and watched T.V. together. Aliyah smiled wishing that Mark was there but it was alright as long as they were together. Aliyah sat back and watched T.V. making fun of the tv show and laughing with them.