Knight In Shining Armor PT2(Peach X M Reader)

Requested by daleketchtup

The adventure continues!

__________

   Before he could even react, a creature bolted through the glass, shattering it and shards of went flying. He picked up his shield and placed it in front of himself and the princess. The smashvillagers and her royal subjects ducked behind cover.

   Peach could hear the horrid screams of the innocent citizens as they ran to save themselves from the dragon's destruction of the ballroom. She couldn't see it all since she was behind his shield, but that was probably a good thing. Who knows what horrors she would see if she were to gaze behind. 

   Flames then spewed out of its mouth, scorching anything in its patch. Embers started rising from burning objects as they were burning to a crisp. Luckily, no one was caught in the fire and they ran out of the ballroom and into to the safe narrow hallways where the beast couldn't even squeeze through if it wanted to. 

  The knight wanted to follow the others to lead the Princess into safety, but the beast blocked the exit. It was just ___, Peach, and the dragon remaining inside of the burning room.

   The beast then turned its head and snarled at the knight. It charged right for him, its nails scraping against the tiled floors as it eagerly sprinted towards the knight. 

   It then launched a fireball. The knight quickly raised his shield up to block the attack, the flames sliding off of the metal, although he could feel the heat. He let go of the shield and let it crumble to the ground when the heat burned his hand. "Shit..." He said as he shook his know steamy hand. 

   The Princess coward in her dress behind him. She didn't know what to do against such a tough opponent. It was so strong, stronger than any of the bosses she saw in Space Emissary in Brawl. There was nothing she could possibly do.

   She then saw the dragon charging up another fireball in its jaws. There was no way ___ could get through another attack like that without a shield. Even his armor would fail to protect him it. 

   Without even realizing, she stepped infront of her knight.

   ___ saw this and said, "What are you doing?!"

   "Saving you in return!" She then pulled out her umbrella from underneath her dress and opened it. As soon as the fireball was shot, she used the umbrella to deflect it back. It hit the dragon right on its face. 

   The beast howled and was blinded by the attack. It tried to wipe away the pain by rubbing its eyes, but it to avail, the pain stayed.

   "That could have been useful earlier, y'know." The knight smirked at the Princes.

   "I-I didn't think of it at first!" She yelled. "Just finish the dragon off for peat sakes!"

   "Don't worry, princess, I will," ___ said as he wielded his word. He spotted a rectangular ruby that sparkled every time the dragon summoned fire from its jaws. While the dragon was still distracted by its injury, he then lunged forward and threw the sword at the ruby.

   The blade pierced through the ruby and then into the dragon. The beast let out a final cry before its whole form started glowing pure white. As the light grew brighter and brighter, they both shielded it with their arms. 

   When the light disappeared, however, they saw Bowser laying on the ground. He had stumbled onto his, stubby feet and rubbed his head. "Ugh, that transformation made me woozy."