1.

Life was hard being an only child.

It was the loneliness that bothered me; of not having anyone to goof around with, have secret midnight talks behind everyone's backs, to act like an idiot and live life like no one cares without thinking twice cuz you knew that they wouldn't judge you like others do...it must've felt nice to have someone who shares the same level of insanity as you.

Only child. Lonely.

To my amazement, the two words actually fit together.

My parents were always supportive, caring and tried to make me feel less isolated at all times...but that was before dad's tragic death and before mom broke down.

Since then, it was only me and my mom. My step-dad didn't play a major role in my life. As if he cared about anything except for his business.

My life flipped sides when Taehyung came. He was like a miracle in a stormy desert, like the brightest moon in a cloudy sky. The word 'friend' wasn't capable enough to describe the bond between us. 'Best friend' didn't fit either. He made me feel alive again, in a way like no one ever did. He made me feel like it wasn't that awful to not have siblings...cuz he didn't too. We were like lost halves of each other, inseparable.

But just when I thought that I found euphoria, life decided to add pain. As if I missed it after having it right inside me all those years.

I had survived pain; I had endured suffering even when I lost my dad, right in front of my eyes. But nothing was able to match the pain I felt one year ago.

And I thought my heart won't break into a million pieces again.

It shattered once, when I had to leave him forever.

I thought it was forever, but destiny told another.

And here you are, again; with that same look, that same smile that melted me.

I thought you had already forgotten me, since we parted. I had to leave you, it wasn't like I had any choice. I thought you won't even recognize me if I met you, but I was wrong.

"Lee?" Taehyung's voice echoed through my head. "Is that really  you?"

I felt my cheeks burn and tears started to well up in my eyes, blurring my vision.

I ran to him and answered to his expression of disbelief.

"Yes" I said "It's me."

...

[added later on 2020.06.17] A/N: Hii omg I'm back with semi-editing my book cuz I found a few flaws that I want to adjust but I hope you will stick till the end cuz your support on this means A LOT to me. I promise you that you will like it TT Please don't hesitate to leave your comments cuz feedback always motivates me to write more and improve. thank you so much for reading n giving my first ff a chance ;-;