51.

A few minutes later.

'You want me to kill her mum?'I opened my mouth in protest.

'Yes, she is our next target. You must not fail your first mission' he said with finality.

I couldn't kill her! She is the closest person who even made me feel like I was her son and treated me like a mother.

'W-well, what if I refuse?'

My father's eyes shrank as he stared at me intensely. It was obvious that he hadn't expected that as my reply.

'I told you Jeongguk. We had our deal. Once you step into our territory, you can't undo it, or step back. If you do, I will complete my part of our agreement that you were against. I told you that our clan was a huge worldwide organization, I could find her in a second and before you could even blink, she'll be lying in front of your feet in a pool of blood'

I stifled a groan in irritation. I was trapped in a situation where I was dealing with life and death; save one and sacrifice another. It was so brutally cruel that my father didn't even think twice about killing people. But how could I live after killing her mum when she already lost her dad? How can she live after knowing that ME and MY DAD were the people who murdered both of her parents? I couldn't do this. No, I couldn't.

I had to make sure that my father would actually do this as he threatens me.

'I won't do it- go ahead and try to find her' I said rather confidently.

My father scoffed. 'You're sure? You'd give her up just like that for her mum?'

I would never. But I want to test you first just as you test me.

'Yes'

'Remember, this was your choice, not mine' my father continued as he took out his phone.

He's making me doubt myself and rethink my decision. Good work but I'm not going to be falling to your trap again. Let's see if he backs up at the last moment. I gazed at him without breaking my glance even for a single second.

I watched as my father dial a number and keep the phone to his ear.

Five seconds passed....then ten...

'Yes, Jaemin.' My father spoke to the receiver. 'Code three, get your men assigned to assassinate that girl named 'Jung Lee Seon' her current location is at south central hospital. Call me back when it's done'

'How did you- How did you know her name?' I stuttered in disbelief. I had never mentioned Seon's full name before to my dad.

My dad bent closer and gave an evil smirk. 'Jeongguk there are a lot of things for you to learn, first is that we know everything about every suspect we have our eyes on and the second thing is that-'

I stiffened as he slapped my face without warning.

'You're NOT SUPPOSED TO ASK questions. You accept orders and do as you're told the next time you will learn it the hard way so control your mouth before anything bad happens'

I bit my lip as the stinging feeling from the slap still lingered on my face.

As if it's not bad already...There's no hell worse than this.

Then I remembered what I had done.

'No!' I jumped back to reality, blinking at my dad in shock. He didn't hesitate on it....oh god I've put Seon in grave danger now...he's going to kill her...

'I will kill her mum- Just take back what you said, just don't kill her I will do as you say' I said all in one breath, panicked.

My dad cocked an eyebrow 'Jeongguk I know what you were thinking; you were going to see whether my threaten was fake but no, you don't get any second chances here. You say it once it's done'

No...No...how can he- how did he know what was in my head? Can he read minds? Does that mean he will kill her? For real this time? Even if I die, I won't let that happen, ever.

I grabbed his hand, shaking it. 'Andwae Abeoji, you have to listen to me this time, I take back what I said, please don't do this' I was on my knees now, pleading and my eyes threatening tears of fear to roll down my eyelids.

'Very well, but this will be your first and last chance, I won't ever do this again but then you have to agree on with the mission tonight itself, no more fooling or hesitating. Got it?'

I nodded. 'Yes'

My dad took his phone to his ear after he had dialled the same number. I held my breath as my heart thumped loudly in my rib cage, igniting like fire in thunderstorm; raging and frightening.

'Jaemin, Code three cancelled, get back to your respective positions. Discontinue the assassination' my father spoke in a grave tone as he flicked the phone back to his pocket after ending the call.

'Everything is one call away Jeongguk, whether it's a theft or it's a life so don't make any regrets'

'Is she completely safe now? Without any harm? Are your men away from her??' I didn't think twice before asking the questions.

He ignored it but added one word as an answer. 'Yes and get ready for your mission tonight, Woojin will show you a room where you can rest for the time being'

I nodded without saying another word as my father commanded Woojin to arrive and escort me to another unknown place, surrounded by four walls, trapping me in this dark dimension of hell.

JEON MIN HYUNG'S POV (AKA JUNGKOOK'S DAD)

I watched Jungkook disappear from the room with Woojin. I locked the door once again. The poor boy was terrified out of his wits when he thought that I was going to kill Seon. But he'll know better.

I took out my phone and tapped the call log, dialling Jaemin.

He answered in the first ring, his voice alert and neutral.

'Yes Mr.Jeon?'

'Code three cancellation was a false alarm; the actual assassination should take place at 9.59PM just after Jungkook had entered the building. Make sure that he's in the scene when all this take place and the girl's murder should be done right in front of his eyes; so that he could actually experience what it's like to lose someone you love and when you can't do anything about it. Be very precise on the time. Take action when I call back again. Arasseo?'

'Yes Mr.Jeon. Your orders will be carried out without a flaw' was Jaemin's reply.

And the line went dead.

I smiled and pictured Jungkook helpless while Seon's being murdered. I wished I could've seen it in real life but it was too risky for me to be out there. I could still remember his shocked and look of fear when I threatened to kill Seon at first. His face gave away everything; all the emotions he hid beneath him and in that flicker of a moment I could read his eyes that he really loved her. And she was the best example to prove our next rule.

Son, today you will learn that in our clan; promises are made to be broken.

_._

Hiii beautaeful ppl!!!

I finally updated in what seemed like forever (in 22 days actually OMO I MISSED WRITING IT SO MUCH TT)

What do u think about the cliffhanger? Any predictions?

And also special thanks to no_drama-llama and -MissCrunchies- for always supporting me and staying with me so far. SARANGHAEYO ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ And thank u so much. I totally owe it upto yall for making my day spamming comments and feedback. I really appreciate it XD Two more chapters and I have to say Goodbye to this ff TT

Anyways sorry for the late update but I hope u enjoyed it ;) Drop down your thoughts I always love to hear from yall o(* ̄▽ ̄*)o

love, Zara ❤