Chapter six

'Illusions never change into something real'
-unknown

~~~~~~

Everyone was staring at each other with wide eyes.
Lucas was confused beyond belief, wondering how his mistress and be Mayla's mother but they're from different realms.
Mayla is shocked beyond belief that her mother or someone that looks extremely like her mother.
And Mayla's 'mother' was confused to why Mayla was here.
"Wait mother?" Lucas exclaimed.
Mayla's 'mother' shook her head.
"I am only the relfecton version of her" Mayla's 'mother' said.
"Wait...so it was you who has been in the reflects?" Mayla asked "And that's why you're not really surprised"
"Oh, I am surprised" Mayla's 'mother' "And yes, it was me in the reflections...I was curious to why my million colours self was so fond of her and then I realised you're her daughter"
Mayla looked down.
It's hard to look at her mother's look-alike and not think it's her mother.
"The one who I represent in the realm of a million colours has passed...hasn't she?" Mayla's 'mother' asked.
"I don't even know anymore" Mayla whispered "My dad lied to me and said she was dead but she went missing"
"And she never came back?" Lucas asked.
"Can we stop talking about this please?" Mayla asked, looking up at them "I would at least want to know why and how I'm here and how I can get out"
Mayla's 'mother' nodded.
"Follow me" she said , walking away, Mayla and Lucas following her.
"So..what can I call you?" Mayla asked "Since it would be weird calling you mum since you're technically not...yeah"
Mayla's 'mother' chuckled.
"Just call me Alicia child" Alicia replied.
Mayla nodded as she was led into a massive library.
It looked exactly like the one at her school.
And it really creeped her out.

Mayla finally got a better look at Alicia's dress as she was in better light than the torch-lit hallways.
Her rather simple dark red dress flows from top to bottom and has a square neckline. The comfortable, corset of her dress covers her stomach where the continuous flow is broken up by a dark cloth band worn quite low around her waist.
Below the cloth band the dress opens up to the right and reveals the dress below. The front of the top dress easily reaches the ground in the front, the back continues to flow a decent length behind her and ends in a narrow tip.
Her sleeves are slightly shorter than her arms and quite wide, their flow is broken up just above the elbow where they're divided by wide, simple bands, these are the same fabric and color used to outline the bottom and neckline of the dress.
She looked like a princess from the medieval times.
And she loved it.
Mayla has always loved that style of clothing.
Ever since she was little, her mother took her to Kryal Castle, which is in the state of Victoria.
She loved it that when she was there, she had the opportunity to dress up.
And she wore a red dress, just like Alicia's.
Mayla's eyes sting with tears as she thought about the memory.
"Are you okay Mayla?" Alicia asked.
Mayla nodded, looking away.
"I'm fine" Mayla reported.
Alicia sighed, but didn't want to push her.
"So you say you're from the realm of a million colours correct?" Alicia asked as Mayla quickly wiped away her tears.
"I assume so" Mayla replied, looking back at Alicia.
Alicia looked Mayla up and down.
"I assume so too. With those bright colours" Alicia said.
"Do you know what happened to me?" Mayla asked.
Alicia sighed.
"Can you explain the situation to me?" She asked.
Mayla sighed.
"It was my 18th birthday party, and because my birthday is on Halloween-"
"What's Halloween?" Lucas asked.
"From my books is an event that the Realm of a Million Colours celebrate. They believe it is the day when the ghosts of the dead returned to their land. Young...humans dress up in costumes for amusement and collect...candy" Alicia exclaimed.
"So it's kinda like Eeriemare?" Lucas asked.
"Exactly like Eeir-" Alicia stoped in mid sentence.
She turned to Mayla.
Mayla realised something clicked in her head.
You can see her eyes lit up with determination.
"What day is your event?" Alicia asked.
"31st of October" Mayla replied.
"Same day as ours" Alicia muttered "I swear I read that somewhere"
Alicia rampaged through towers of books, left on a table.
After 30 seconds, she gave a massive grin and took out an old looking book.
"Got it!" Alicia said, her accent sounding a little British to Mayla.
Then again,from  what she knows there's no such thing as counties or states...just one big place.
Alicia flicked through the pages and gasped when she stopped.
"Found it!" Alicia said and started to read it.
Her eyes were scanning the page at a rapid rate.
Until she stopped and widen her eyes, worrying both Lucas and Mayla.
"What is it?" Lucas asked.
"Mayla, we you involved with photos that night?" Alicia asked.
"Yeah, my dad hired a photographer...why?" Mayla asked.
"When were your photos taken?" Alicia asked.
"Around 11ish?" Mayla asked "I wasn't really paying a-"