Chapter three

"Things happen for a reason"
-Unknown

~~~~~~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPEEDY!"
Mayla groaned as she opened her eyes.
Her best friend and her dad were smiling brightly at Mayla with balloons and flowers.
Mayla rolled over.
"Just 5 more min-"
"UM NO!"
Suddenly Mayla felt a force pull her off of her bed.
She groaned and looked up to see a innocent smiling Aphria.
Aphria was holding her laughs.
"Ha ha, very funny, can you help me up?" Mayla asked.
Aphria pulled her friend up and immediately hugged her.
"Happy birthday girl!" Aphria exclaimed.
"Thanks" Mayla said as they let go of each other.
Mayla's dad then hugged Mayla.
"Happy birthday sweetheart" Mayla's father said, hugging his daughter tighter "My baby girl's all grown up"

Mayla felt tears on her back, causing Mayla to hug back tighter.
"Dad, don't cry" Mayla said, letting go of him.
He gave Mayla flowers, Mayla's favourite flowers purple tulips.
Mayla smiled as she smelt the flowers, a sense of calm immediately overloading her.
"You're mother will be so proud of you" Mayla's dad whispered "Of what you have become"
Mayla felt tears pickle her eyes.
Her mother died right before her 16th, which shattered her.
And one of the reasons she doesn't like events anymore.
"Thanks dad" Mayla muttered, looking down at the ground.
Aphria coughed.
"We all will remember her, but now is a time for celebration as Mayla is now an adult!" Aphria said.
Mayla looked up and nodded.
"Okay, so knowing both of you, you would have something planned for me the whole day" Mayla said "With no time to revise at all"
"Yep" Aphria said "You're having breakfast with your father before he goes to work and lunch with me as we shop for food and decorations and then the rest of the afternoon we're decorating with help from my sister and then we get ready with her help!"
Mayla smiled.
Aphria's older sister, Jace, is a very talented makeup artist who started up a youtube channel years ago.
She has at least 500,000 subscribers and is always travelling to America.
Jace hasn't been to Australia in months.
Mayla noticed happiness and pride Aphria was showing for her older sister.
"Okay, soooo, can you let me get ready so I can get this day started?" Mayla asked.
Aphria yelled with happiness and ran out the room, taking the black, purple and white balloons she held with her.
Mayla's father chuckled and walked out the room.
He turned around before closing the door.
"We will be leaving in a half an hour okay?" He asked.
Mayla nodded and her father closed the door.

~~~~~~~~

Mayla walked out of her room 25 minutes later and walked down the stairs of her family home.
When she got to the bottom, her friend and her father gasped at what she looks like.
She was wearing a black short cut top which read in white writing 'normal people scare me' with black ripped jeans and black combat boots.
Her brown wavy hair was in a high pony tail and her make-up is the normal natural.
"Wow honey, you look amazing" Mayla's father said.

Mayla blushed slightly.

"Thanks dad" Mayla replied "Are we going now?"

"No way, presents first" Aphria said, taking Mayla by the hand and pulled her into the other room which was the living room and sat her down on the black leather couch "Wait here"

Mayla sighed as both her dad and Aphria left to get presents.

Mayla looked around.

This time in 12 hours, this house will be filled with people.

Mayla felt a shot of excitement fill throughout her.

She can't wait to have some fun tonight.

Especially since she can drink.

Moments later Aphria came back with two presents and her father came back with two presents.

"Guys, you didn't have to" Mayla said as Aphria dumped the presents on Mayla.