Chapter ten

'If you don't let it out, the grief becomes a scream trapped inside your soul, a constant cry in the dark, a sob you can never release. So scream, shout, and cry the way the sky does with thunder and lightning and rain...for it knows it its being cleansed, it knows that it's storm is the only way to realise the pain'
-Nikita Gill

~~~~~~~

It's been a week since Mayla walked into Aphria's home.
Everyone was relieved and happy to see Mayla safe.
When police asked her questions, she was too much form shock to say anything, so the police decided to leave her be as she is traumatised by what happened to her.
Exams started up again the day after she was found, her first exam of advance maths first.
Everyone was surprised that she turned up, all smiling and like nothing happened.
The days after she had the rest of her exams; biology, music and Physical Education.
Aphria was the only one worried for her.
She knows that her friend is putting on a mask.
Just like the one she put on when her mother died.
Aphria is sitting next to her friend in her friend's room, who was just staring at the mirror.
Aphria sighed.
"Look, you're not tricking me like everyone else Mayla, please tell me what's going on" Aphria pleaded.
"Noting happened, I don't know what you're talking about" Mayla replied with a fake smile, still facing the mirror.
Aphria sent a glare at her friend and forced her to look at Aph.
"Oh cut the bull crap" Aphria complained "I know you too well so spill"
Mayla sighed, not saying anything.
"I know it was really you in the mirror the other day" Aphria stated
Mayla looked into her friend's blue eyes and knows almost immediately her friend hasn't been sleeping.
And it's not because of exams.
"...the petal didn't really work" Mayla started, making Aphria widen her eyes.
"What? Then how are you here?" Aphria asked softly, making Mayla let a tear slip from her eyes.
She quickly rubbed them away, trying not to let Aphria notice but she did.
Aphria's expression soften.
'She must have been close with Alicia and the Lucas guy' Aphria thought.
"I almost didn't make it but..." Mayla started and then took a deep breath "...we were trying to send me home and it didn't work so, it wasn't strong enough...and we needed a betrayal and we knew my father's blessing was the one we needed...but Alicia"
Mayla chocked on a sob.
Aphria held her friend's hand as she noticed her friend's eye tear up and her visibly shaking as she continued.
"...out of the blue, Oshan revealed that...he was the one who revealed that she is...that got stuck their from our world...and she's actually my mother"
Aphria couldn't help but to gasp and hug her friend who started to sob.
"I..left her there...her and Lucas there...Lucas admitted he loved me while he thought I was sleeping and...I just don't know what to think anymore!" Mayla exclaimed, hugging her friend tightly.
"Oh Mayla..." Aphria whispered "It's okay, we'll be okay...we can try to see if we can communicate with them...you can communicate through the mirror realm with us...you have to be able to communicate to them through us"
Mayla stayed silent as her friend rocked her slightly in the hug.
"Hey...it might be like those sci-fi movies and you might have some of their abilities!" Aphria exclaimed, letting go of her friend "Just take a deep breath...we can get through this together"
Mayla laughed.
"Thanks Aph" Mayla whispered, snuggling into her friend.
Mayla does not know what she would do without her best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Mayla is waiting outside the school with Aphria.
Mayla was waiting in her causal clothes; a black Panic! At the disco top with a unbuttoned red checkered top, black ripped jeans and purple converse shoes.
While Aphria is wearing the grey school dress in which she wore a black cat beanie on to French braided hair.
"You'll be fine" Mayla said, comforting her friend.
"I...I don't know how I will go" Aphria whispered.
"You'll be fine...it's English" Mayla said "If you haven't been making out with Braxton the whole time you guys were meant to be studying....then you would be perfectly fine"
Aphria blushed, making Mayla laugh.
"By the way you reacted there would be a couple of times" Mayla said "Good luck, I'm going to the music centre to finish of my composition okay?"
Aphria nodded and walked into the school building.