Chapter twelve

'Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face'
-Percy Jackson

~~~~~~~~

Mayla looked at the mirror with shock.
"Lucas? Is that really you?" Mayla asked.
"Oh course its me, who would it be?" He asked, confused.
Mayla sighed.
"Nothing" she muttered.
Aphria looked at her friend then looked at Lucas.
"How long has it been for you?" She asked him.
"A day" Lucas said.
"It's been a week here" Aphria said.
Lucas noticed Mayla's troubled face.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
Mayla looked at Lucas, who smiled sadly.
"I'm fine...just has been a little harder than I though to adjust again" Mayla said.
"What she is trying to say is that she's always passing out and having visions or nightmares" Aphria said.
Lucas narrowed his eyes with confusion.
"Her ties with this world should have been cut...she shouldn't be feeling like this" Lucas asked.
"Apparently it still is" Aphria said.
"What are these dreams about?" Lucas asked.
Mayla shrugged.
"This can't happen, we need to tell OSHA-"
"We can't, no" Mayla snapped quickly.
"Quietie?" Lucas asked.
"He's apart of them, and I guess the reason for them" Mayla said, making Lucas gasp.

"Oshan?"
Mayla looked up to see Alicia, or her mother, in the mirror frame with Lucas.
She felt tears pickle in her eyes, making her look down again.
'I could have saved her' Mayla thought 'This is all my fault'
"Mayla" Alicia whispered "What's wrong? Whatever you've seen must have disturbed you"
"Oshan...is telling me in my dreams I have to go back" Mayla said, looking at them "And the king's daughter keeps on appearing in my dreams"
"Well didn't you swear on your Reflecta to get his daughter back?" Lucas asked.
Mayla widen her eyes.
'The books state that you will be erased from the realm of a million colours as well as this one'
Lucas' words echo her head.
"All no" Mayla whispered, looking at her hands, which were paler than usual.
Alicia gasped.
"It's started" Alicia stated.
"What's going on?" Aphria asked.
"I..."

Mayla's body filled with the familiar pain without warning, making her give a blood curdling scream.
"Mayla!" Aphria said as Mayla fell onto her knees, holding her head in pain.
She was physically shaking...and sobbing.
"Make it stop" Mayla whimpered.
"Mayla!" Lucas yelled, banging his hand against the glass.
Aphria hugged her friend, only to be pushed back.
"Does it normally stop?" Alicia asked as Mayla's body started to shake more and another cry was heard.
"Yes, but she normally contains it" Aphria replied.
"When was the last time it happened?" Alicia asked.
"Earlier today, after she fell asleep doing her music" Aphria replied.
As the two talk, all Lucas could do was watch her friend scream and cry in pain.
He wanted to jump out the mirror and hug her, play with her hair and whisper everything's okay.
He put his hand on the mirror.
"I wish I could hug you Mayla, to tell you're okay" Lucas whispered.
Suddenly Mayla put her hand out to the mirror and a golden glow surrounded the room.
She put her hand through the mirror and grabbed the shocked Lucas and pulled him into her world.
Lucas was pulled out of the mirror and his reflectron appearance changed into what looks like a normal human.
He has Light brown hair, which was all messy with onyx eyes which was looking at Mayla with concern.
His outfit changed into a black Metallica top and blue jeans with black converse.
He gasped, looking over his body to see fair peach skin instead of his washed out colour.
Getting out of his shook and noticing his friend is still in pain, he immediately hugged his friend, making her calm down almost immediately.
Alicia and Aphria were in shook, staring at Lucas.
"You're okay, relax" Lucas whispered,his black lip piercing moving as he spoke.
Mayla's shaking slowly stopped and she was breathing at a normal pace.
She looked up as Lucas let go of her and stood up. She saw and then gasped.
"I didn't realise it-"
She stood up and and bear hugged him.
Lucas chuckled.
"You happy now?" He asked as she let go of him.
Mayla looked him up and down and blushed.
"You look really hot" Mayla commented, making him blush a pink colour "Wait, I- oh my Priaxio, I'm so Quietie!"
Alicia and Aphria both laughed at their awkwardness.
"But on a serious note; HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!" Aphria asked.
"I have never seen something like this before" Alicia answered "Then again, only Mayla made it out of our realm"
Mayla looked at Alicia with sadness.
"I feel like I know why you're having pains" Lucas said "And I feel like you're dying again"
"Great, another thing to add to the stresses" Mayla muttered.
"WAIT AGAIN?" Aphria yelled, making Mayla jump into Lucas' arms, making them blush again.
Aphria giggled.
"Just fucking kiss already" Aphria whispered as Alicia replied to her question.
"We encountered the former king of the realm and in the heat of the moment, Mayla swore she would find his missing daughter as soon as she got back to her realm, and obviously she forgot about it and now the swearing is taking effect" Alicia explained.
"So much much time do we have?" Mayla asked, getting out of Lucas' arms, even though she liked it.
"Probably our day so your week" Alicia replied.
"Oh great, this time limit again" Mayla said "Can't my live be normal?"