Chapter fifteen

'Our real discoveries come from chaos, from going to the place that looks wrong and stupid and foolish'
― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mayla looked at her great grandmother with shock, her mouth wide open.
Her great grandmother chuckled at her great granddaughter's response.
"Remember, time is different here than at home" she said "I am technically only 28 years old"
Mayla looked at her great grandmother with shock, still not able to process the news.
"Come on my dear, you should have noticed from when you went into Reflectron and your natural abilities" her great grandmother said, grinning.
"So you knew I went in there?" Mayla asked.
She nodded.
"I felt your presence going in there which I have only felt once before...with your mother" Her great grandmother said.
"WAIT, you knew my mother was in there? Why didn't you say anything?" Mayla asked.
"Would they believe a crazy old lady?" Her great grandmother asked.
"Great gran-"
"Please just call me Eirela, as I said before sweet" Eirela stated.
Mayla sighed.
"I can sense something troubling you" Eirela commented.
"The dark being has escaped from their prison and is after me" Mayla said "And I can only assume it's because I have gotten out of Reflectron alive"
Eirela widen her eyes.
"Oh dear, I have only heard stories of the dark being myself but...my sweet, I don't think they're after you just because of that" Eirela said "Since you're the youngest to the throne, you would be the prize to get; get the prize and then you can get the crown"
"I feel like it's also because of my humanity" Mayla said.
"Of course it would be as well...just be careful" Eirela stated "From what I heard, they're dangerous"
"They made me pass out two times and can look like me" Mayla said.
Eirela stared at Mayla with shock.
"I have never heard of a case like that" Eirela said "They must have gotten more powerful"
Mayla felt the familiar surge of pain go through her, making her hold her breath and bit her lip.
She squeezed her great grandmother's hand.
"Mayla?" Eirela asked.
"I'm fine, don't worry" Mayla said, trying to sound like her normal cherry self.
But her great grandmother knew otherwise.
"You have no need to worry about faces in the reflections, I just put a protection in the room" Eirela said.
"How-"
Her great grandmother pulled out a small red button.
"This, I put some of my magic in it while I still had it" she replied.
"You have magic?" Mayla asked, shocked.
"All royals do, now don't pull off of the topic" Eirela replied, sitting up.
"Mayla, tell me the truth" her great grandmother said, narrowing her eyes "All of it"

~~~~~~~~~

Mayla walked out the nursing home quiet relived.
Her Great grandmother or Eirela was very kind and listened to very word Mayla said.
They came up with a plan to hopefully fulfil Mayla's swearing without her nor Eirela getting hurt.
Mayla felt her phone buzz, making her take it out.
Two messages.
One from her dad and the other...well a lot from Aphria.

From dad:

I'll be there in 5

Mayla sent him a thumbs up emoji before opening up Aphria's texts.

From Aph:

Mayla, are you okay? Want me to come over?

From Aph:

Mayla answer me goddam it!

From Aph:

Speedy!

From Aph:

PLEASE ANSWER YOUR TEXTS! I'm worried about you!

Mayla rolled her eyes and answered her friend.

To Aph:

Relax I'm fine, I was talking to my great grandmother about mum...don't worry about me. And btw, you're telling me about you and Braxton's fun