Fall is Cold

Text Message from: Fall

1:36 pm: Never have I ever been Ice Skating.

Text Message to: Fall

1:36 pm: Who the heck has?

Text Message from: Fall

1:37 pm: Who the heck says, "Who the heck?"

Text Message to: Fall

1:38 pm: Me.

Text Message from: Fall

1:38 pm: You're a nerd. In today's society, no normal kid says, "Who the heck?" It's normally always H. E. Double Hockey Sticks.

Text Message to: Fall

1:40 pm: Then maybe I'm just a weirdo. Also, your capitalization is weird.

Text Message from: Fall

1:41 pm: Don't judge my Grammar you Uncultured Swine.

Text Message to: Fall

1:43 pm: I'm not judging you, you ungrateful Fruit Basket.

Text Message from: Fall

1:44 pm: Fruit Basket?

Text Message to: Fall

1:46 pm: Shut the H. E. Double Hockey Sticks Up.

"Mr. Goldman!" Ms. Opera yelled. "I sure hope that's not a phone out in the middle of my lecture!" Acknowledging the pit that was now growing in my stomach, I sat up and slipped my phone into the back pocket of my jeans. Sighing, I put both of my arms on my desk, picked up my pencil, and began taking notes on the structure of the body. I should never enlisted in Advanced Biology... "Okay students," continued Ms. Opera, glaring at me from behind her metal framed glasses. "After you finish taking the notes, you have time to study your Study Guide for your test tomorrow. Remember, no slacking off." I couldn't help but feel like her words were directed at me.

Groaning silently, I sifted through my pile of notebooks, binders, and folders until I found my yellow Biology folder, and retrieved the study guide. Gripping it in my hand, I read over the guide. It was only when I reread the same sentence three times in a row, that I realized I hadn't processed any of the information. I glanced at the clock. We still had an hour of class left. Putting my head down on the table, I exhaled. At least today is Friday.. Suddenly, from my back pocket, Sum 41's "In Too Deep" blasted at full volume. My Bloody Ringtone! Cringing, I reached with lightning speed into my back pocket, retrieved my phone, and switched it to silent.

I looked up. The whole class,-including Ms. Opera-, was staring at me. Ms. Opera's was least friendliest of al. She pointed to the door. "Noah Goldman, Principal's Office now!" Gulping, I slid out of my seat, and out the door, avoiding any eye contact from the other students in the room. Ms. Opera had a real way of knowing how to embarrass me, and it made me angry. Stepping out of the classroom, I slammed the door behind me, -to make a statement-. and took my phone out of my jeans. When I turned on my phone, I had missed messages.