Chapter 21 cold

"J-Jaehyun your-"

"I'll handle it later. You already washed, you can go now," Jaehyun didn't want to make the other to do something he was not comfortable with. He was totally okay with that. He tried to push Taeyong away but the boy was still keeping him tightly in his arms. "Taeyong, let go...or I'll tickle you."

He caressed Taeyong's sides with his hands and felt how the boy shivered. The blond unwrapped his arms around him reluctantly after a few slow seconds. He was careful not to look down when he got out of the shower. He then quickly wrapped the towel around his waist and picked up his clothes with him. Before exiting the room he left a clean towel for the other.

It was already 11 am. Taeyong quickly changed in clothes and left to school while the other was still in shower. Jaehyun could leave himself when he was ready.

***

Taeyong had managed to get on the third period. He listened to the teacher's lecture in boredom and drew circles on his notebook to keep himself entertained. He didn't even know why he even went to school as he could've just skipped and spent the day with Jaehyun. The other had probably left the house by now and went to where ever he liked to spent his past time. He wouldn't come to school. Then when could he see him again?

The phone buzzed in his pocked and Taeyong cursed internally. Someone was spamming him with messages. He was afraid that the teacher would notice if he took his phone out. Either way, he hid it under the table and tried not to look like he was not using phone.

Jaehyunie
where did you disappear?
school?
why didn't you wait for me??
answer mee
TAEYONG!!
taeyongiiiieeee!!!
lee taeyong!!!!
how ruude
why r u ignoring me?

You
stop spamming, im in class right now

Jaehyunie
no

You
Please

Jaehyunie
i have something to ask you...

You
make it quick

Jaehyunie
so i found something in your room

You
DONT TOUCH MY THINGS AND LEAVE THE HOUSE ALREADY!!!

Jaehyunie
i already left but dont you wanna know what i found?

You
not actually

Jaehyunie
why did you quit dancing?

Taeyong froze. He knows? Did Ji-Eun tell him already? Or...he really did see them. He must've seen some of the trophies from the dance competitions and pictures of him and Ji-Eun he had hidden in his closet. He stared at the last message from Jaehyun even forgetting he was in the classroom.

Jaehyunie
im outside of your classroom
lets talk

Taeyong put the phone away without replying. He tried to concentrate on the teacher's voice but no avail. He looked at the clock above the door. The lesson would end in ten minutes then he'd have to face him but he didn't want him to know anything.

He tried to come up with a lie or excuse to not to have to talk with Jaehyun but ten minutes went too fast. The bell rang so he started slowly gathering his things in his backpack as he couldn't stay in the classroom either. He was so nervous.

When he turned around to leave, he almost crashed with a guy that was now standing right in front of him. He lifted his gaze and he was startled by a pair of cold eyes staring intensely in his. He gulped and took a step back from Jaehyun. The blond looked nervously around the classroom and noticed that nearly everyone had left already.

"Was it really you? You're that guy who Ji-Eun cried after for so long. You were the one that made Ji-Eun depressed because you broke her leg and made her unable to dance, right?!" Jaehyun shouted. He was scary. Every cold word about his past made his chest tighten and hurt so much. All along, he had known that Jaehyun would come to hate him if he found out.

"Taeyong look at me!" Jaehyun shouted desperately but the other couldn't lift his eyes. He didn't want to see the look in his eyes when he looked at him like a piece of trash. He didn't want to see him looking at him in hate disappointment. But he really deserved to hear all of that. He never deserved Jaehyun's affectionate words and acts. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes but he tried to swallow them back.

"Taeyong look at me and tell me that it was not you!!" Jaehyun was loosing his patience. He was too blinded by emotions that he couldn't see how uncomfortable and near breaking the other really was. He took a step closer to Taeyong and made him face him by placing his hands on his either cheeks, roughly turning his face forward. "Please, tell me it wasn't you..."

Taeyong lifted his teary eyes on him and the pained expression on his face made everything clear to Jaehyun.

"I-I'm sorry," he whispered with a broken voice. A tear fell when he looked in Jaehyun's cold eyes.
The touch of his hands was harsh unlike earlier. Jaehyun let him go and left him alone in the classroom.

Taeyong broke down crying. He sat on the chair and hid his face in his hands. He hoped that no one could hear or see him.

It hurt so much. He didn't even know why he felt so miserable even when he had all along known that Jaehyun would someday just throw him away or get bored of him. He had known that the other never even cared about him more than as a someone to satisfy his needs. Why did he feel like he had lost someone really important to him?

The cold and hateful look in Jaehyun's eyes flashed in his mind making his heart clench in pain again and again.

***

"Ji-Eun hi. You know, about that Taeyong guy...I won't see him again so no need to worry. I'm sorry, if I had known earlier what he did to you I would've never gotten close to him," Jaehyun called his sister. It had taken him a few hours to process everything and make sure he could promise Ji-Eun such a thing.

When he left the classroom, he had been stopped by the boy's cries. He had almost wanted to go back and comfort him for some reason but he stayed outside, near the classroom door. His crying sounded so pained and heart breaking. As if he had suppressed it for a long time. Why did he even cry? Did he feel sorry? It was right to him to feel miserable but why did it make Jaehyun feel like a terrible person for making him cry?

Taeyong had made him feel so many conflicted things and hearing him cry like that wasn't making it any easier for him to walk away.

"Jaehyun what? What did you do?" Why did she sound angry?

"Why are you asking?"

"No, you don't understand. He did nothing, it was an accident. I heard from his friend that he blames himself for it and quit dancing because of that. I've been trying to get him talk with me but he avoids me. He's so afraid of me. Tell me you didn't yell at him or anything that sort, please," Jaehyun's face fell when he listened to what his sister had to say. So that's why he cried so hard.

"But he still caused you injured-"

"I already told you that it was not his fault and it really doesn't matter anymore! I'm already completely healed but he is still hurting so much. Can't you see that? And can you please tell him that I wan't to talk to him?" Jaehyun lowered the phone from his ear.

He regretted immediately that he had ever yelled and made the boy cry.

***

//Events in chapters 12-21 include days from Monday to Thursday, if you didn't notice. Also...this ff is rn like 11 in jaeyong, thank you so much, that's the highest my story has reached in #jaeyong , again thank you so much for your support!! ♥︎