Chapter 12

*BamBam's POV*

After what Jungkook said, I quickly ran away with tears leaving Yugyeom alone. I teleported back home and my mom quickly noticed me.

"Bam what's wrong?"
"Eomma why was I born as a halfling?"
"Oh honey. It was meant to be like this." She tried to touch me but I slapped it away.
"Why? Why then?! Wolves and vampires are enemies! How were you and appa were able to get married and have me?!"
"Honey....." She sighs. "Me and your dad actually hated back then."
"Seriously?"
"Of course we were enemies but it wasn't until the day he saved me from a soul monster. He could've ignored me but he knows your grandparents are worried about me."
"Were you the only child in your family eomma?"
"Ne. Your father, however, has a older brother and a younger brother. His part of the family is strict while mine was carefree since we are vampires."

She sat down on the couch and bring out a picture of her family. She showed it to me.

"That's me right before I ran away with your father."
"You ran away with appa?"
"We knew our families won't accept us so we ran away."
"Wasn't it hard?"

She smiles as she look up.

"Hmm yes it was. I would be thirsty for blood so your father has to steal or kill to get some blood for me. The hardest was having you in my stomach."
"Jinja?"
"You were very wild. You won't give me a break and my cravings for blood were going up."
"Sorry for giving you a hard time eomma." I sat down next to her.
"You don't have to be sorry sweetie." She gave me a hug. "Because you were a miracle to me and your father ever since you were born."

I giggled. I suddenly stopped and look up to my mom.

"Eomma."
"Ne sweetie?"
"Will I ever meet grandma and grandpa?"
"I don't know about that. After leaving them so long, I don't think they will be happy to see me again."

I saw her looking down with sadness in her eyes. I couldn't say anything else to her. I wonder how it feels to run away from your family for years and never come back. Mom and dad left their family because they love each other. Can just people run away from their family if they actually love each other? What if the person they are loving isn't love at all? How can people be sure that the person they're loving is the right one? My thoughts interrupted when my dad came in. "I'm home!" My mother wiped away her tears and smiled to my father.

"Welcome back honey."
"I brought back food for us and some blood packs for my loving wife and son."
"Aw~ Honey~" My dad lean in and gave a kiss to my mother.
"Ew gross!" I was grossed out.
"Come on son. You will be doing something this when you have a girlfriend."
"If I only have a girlfriend dad."
“What about that Lisa girl you always hangout with?”
“Appa~ She’s just a friend.”
“But sometimes friends can be couples too.” He smiled but stopped after he saw mom’s face. “Did something happen earlier?”
“Oh it’s just BamBam being sad on why he’s halfling.”
“Oh Bam.” My dad came up and put his hands on my shoulders.

He looked at me with sad eyes.

“It was meant to be like this.”
“But I have friends who are vampires and friends who are werewolves. It’s really hard when you’re a halfling and you can’t sides between both of them. Why can’t they be friends just like you and eomma?”
“We can’t do that. No one can.”
“Then why was I born a halfling?”
“Bam…” Eomma said. “You were born because you’re special. If me and your father wasn’t married then you wouldn’t be born.”

She also came up and gave me a tight hug. She pull away and place her hands on both sides of my face. She smiles as she look at me into my eyes.

“You have both powers of a vampire and a werewolf. That’s what makes you special.”
“It’s nothing special to me because it’s just powers that I gain from the both of you.”
“Well that’s true but you are special to the both of us honey.”
“Your mother is right. You are special to the both of us. We wouldn’t be like this if we knew you were here in your mother’s belly.”