Chapter Two

Mikasa's POV

We were in the car on our way home from the company my older brother works at, and even though he's looking after me from what happened about ten years ago, I find it a bit annoying by now. Here I am, eighteen years old now, and he still sees me as a little girl. But I do like that he's trying his best to raise me, he's the only person I can trust completely after what Uncle Kenny did to me. My grip on his hand tightened when that memory flashed before my eyes along with an accidental whimper, Levi must've noticed because he immediately looked over to me returning my tight grip on his hand.

" Hey, are you okay?"

I quickly nodded my head but he must've seen right through my facade since he let go of my hand in order to bring me closer to him. I let my head lean against his strong shoulder as I tried to get over my small anxiety attack. Even though I hate him treating me as a little child, I love him just as much for helping me through my problems. He isn't well experienced in helping others, let alone raise a child, but you have to give him credit for raising me through those years. I love him as my brother, but he must know that eventually I'll get married and he'll have to walk me down the aisle, and when the time comes he'll have to let me go. With that thought in my mind I gently drift to a soft slumber.

Levi's POV

I held my younger sister in my arm while I rested my chin atop of her head. I know she has to hate me treating her like a kid that's going to school for the first time, but I'm doing it for her sake. I don't want her to go through what Kenny did to her again, I'm the only one who can protect her. In order to remain that figure she sees me as I can't allow myself to make any unnecessary relationships aside from those at work, I can't be in a relationship with anyone. No lovers, no friends outside of work, just me and her as brother and sister. I lifted my head and looked into the rear mirror to speak to my manager.

" Hanji, Erwin wanted me to ask you if you could possibly squeeze a photo shoot into next week's schedule."

I heard her sigh but she replied to me, " Levi, we already have so much planned for next week and I don't want you to have to over exert yourself."

" Well apparently this guy's been requesting me for the past couple of weeks now and it's getting under the boss's skin, so." I just left it at that since I knew that she'd have to re-plan the schedule.

" Alright, but just remember that if you get too overworked it's your fault."

" Whatever you say."

I lay my head back on top of Mikasa's and look out the window. Usually Hanji's really annoying as a manager but the change in her personality is kind of freaking me out. Something's up.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

I had to carry Mikasa to our suite and once I got to the bedroom I laid her down onto the bed. We share the king sized bed that's in this suite, I've suggested that I could sleep on the couch but she protested that I sleep with her on the bed. I looked for her favorite blanket she would always sleep with when she was twelve and lay atop of her. I quickly planted a kiss on her cheek and went into the kitchen. I decided that I'd cook Wild Alaskan Salmon and fillet it, we haven't had anything decent since that last time I cooked. Which was about a month ago. It wasn't my fault that the eggs exploded in the microwave, I was only trying to make a simple omelet. So since then we've ate what the company served during breakfast and ordered takeout from different restaurants.

After a while Mikasa had come out from her room, and a bit flustered for some reason. But I soon got the answer as to why and only chuckled.

" Next time you go to put a blanket on me, make sure it's something else."

" Why not that one? You loved it so much when you were twelve, I still like it anyway."

" That was six years ago! I'm not into this anymore."

She's referring to the time when she was fascinated in watching My Littlest Pet Shop. We only continued to make small jokes as I was finishing with the cooking.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

While we were changing into our pajamas I kept hearing Mikasa mumble to herself, so after a while I had gotten a bit worried that she was having another attack of hers.

" What are you mumbling about? You've been talking to yourself for a while now, you ought to tell me what's on your mind."

We have a strict rule that mainly concerns her, we have to share what's bothering us when asked. No lies or making things up. So far we've kept to this without any problems so I wait for her to spill it.

" Well... Fine, I've been thinking about this for a few days actually so I'll come clean. Do you ever consider that I'll get married, and you'll have to let me go? Or that you'll eventually end up in a relationship yourself?"

" I realize the first point, but the second one I'm not going to allow." I spoke firmly, I've told myself about that over and over and now I have a strong resolve.

" But why? Don't you want to spend some time with someone aside from me?"

" Mikasa..." I walk up to her where she's sitting on the bed with her shirt unbuttoned, " I have made a promise to myself that I would not be in a relationship with anyone aside from my co-workers and you. You're just that important to me."

I then put a knee onto the bed and reached my hand to her cheek, gently caressing it. She cleared her throat and took a small gulp. I'm only assuming that she's trying to hide the fact that she's about to cry.

" I'm really that important to you?"

" Of course you are, and I'm going to make sure you never get hurt in that same way as before. You're all I've got, Mikasa."

That's when she started to giggle a little bit, and I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle myself.

" What's so funny?"

" We've got our Aunt and Uncle you know, jeez. I guess since we haven't seen them for a while you've almost forgot about them."

" I did not!" I sighed as I saw what she was getting at.

I put a stupid looking smile on my face and tackled her onto the bed, tickling her until she gave in.

AN: So, here's this chapter. Now that I've updated this one I'm going to update Twisted Memory. I'm going to try and alternate between the two stories and when I finish Twisted Memory I'll be focusing on this one the most and then Kathrine's Story, Aoba's Younger Sister, Ciel's Daughter, and then A Demon's Daughter. So hopefully you guys will be patient on what I'm doing and I will try to get a lot up during my Thanksgiving break coming up soon. I'll really update a lot during my Christmas break as well, but I might go on vacation so we'll see. Welp, see you in Twisted Memory!!!

To Be Continued...