Chapter Three

Eren's POV

It's been about eight years since my mother's death, and about eight years since I left my house where I received constant abuse from my father. I've been living with my half mother, Dina Fritz, and my older half brother, Zeke, since then. Of course I wasn't really much of a great son to begin with, my only restraint was the camera. The year before my mother died, she had given me a camera for my ninth birthday, and I've kept it since. Even though I'm able to buy as many as I want now I just can't part from it. It's all I have to remind me of her. As I was fooling around with it my phone buzzed and light up showing that I had a text message. ' Her again?! '

" I'm starting to get pretty fed up with her, why did Jean have to do that?"

Jean is my annoying friend, I don't even think you can consider him a friend for how much of a douche he can be, but he took my phone while I wasn't looking and put someone's number on there and sent them one text saying that I was looking for a girlfriend. Little does he know that the thought of women and guy relationships is revolting to me. But that's only if I'm the guy in that relationship, and frankly I never want to be in a relationship with a girl. I haven't told Jean yet but I'm actually gay, now if my co-workers found out and told the boss I'd be done for. The only one I've told is my childhood friend, Armin, I've told him everything that happened between me and my father up to my sexuality. And what's even more is that he works with me at the photography studio I work at.

The only reason I got into the industry of photography was the camera my mother gave me, you could say it changed my life, but there's one thing I've done that I regret. I haven't told Armin about it either, but I don't intend on letting anyone know, there's only one exception. I plan on telling my partner when I get one and I know for sure they'll never leave because of that, but that's only wishful thinking. My phone buzzed again showing the message from before and a new one.

" Alright Mikasa, you win. I'm ending it with you after this."

I pick up my phone from the table in front of the couch I'm sitting on after I put the camera down, and started to reply to her. We've called before and we've been on a FaceTime call before as well, she seems to be a pretty cute girl but I always think that Jean could use the numbers instead of giving them to me. I've told him before but he always replies with a, " You're famous and single, all you need is to get laid and you've checked all the boxes." Of course I strongly disagree, but I can see his point sometimes, 'cause whenever I leave the studio there're all these girls around my car and the entrance to the building. I finished typing and she immediately started typing back.

Hey, are you up?

Eren, I know you're reading these.

I'm up, what do you want from me?

What do you mean by that?! I just wanted to talk to you.

Yeah, you always want to talk with me. What is it?

Well, I don't think I'll be able to talk with you for a while. My brother's schedule is packed, I just thought I'd tell you.

Ok, but isn't it a good thing, 'cause to me it mean's your brother is doing his job.

Mikasa always ends up talking about her brother, who's a model, whenever we text each other. It gets on my nerves that I just want to end it with her, but I'm that cold hearted. Of course back in my middle school I'd always get asked out by the girls there, and I'd reject them coldly. That's how I ended up meeting Jean. The girl replied back and the answer surprised me a bit.

I know. You work with photography right? Well my brother had to get a small photo shoot into his schedule and he isn't happy about it, any tips?

I had remembered that the boss mentioned he had gotten a rising model to come for a photo shoot next week, so I quickly exited off the messaging app and went onto my planner app as I always put my clients names and the times of their appointments on the date of their shoot. It was just as I had thought.

" So this means I'll be seeing her there?!"

I groaned from the thought of meeting her face to face, and I looked again just in case my eyes were messing with me. They weren't, but the name of the model caught my attention.

" Levi Ackerman..."

I closed the app and pressed the home button until the artificial women of a robot spoke.

" What can I help you with?"

" Siri, search Levi Ackerman."

" OK, I found this on the web for 'Levi Ackerman'"

I scrolled through the sites and pictures of the man. I kept thinking that he was the partner I've been looking for, and we weren't too apart in age either. His height would be a laugh but he was perfect. I found an interview video on his past life so I tapped it and the video popped up.

" Joining us today is none other than Levi Ackerman himself, thank you for taking time in your busy schedule for this interview today."

" No, the pleasure is mine. So what questions do you have?"

" Well I'll start with a very blunt question, so do excuse my rudeness if it bothers you. What do you remember of your family?"

There was a long pause after the interviewer asked him that, but Levi looked up smiling a bit and answered.

" Well my little sister and I enjoyed our time with our parents, they showered us with lots of love and spoiled us a bit every now and then."

I could tell he was lying, his mood had gone dark before he had answered so it meant that he's hiding the truth. Of course I'll have him expose it to me, if I ever get the chance with him.

AN: Here's the third chapter, I'm changing Eren's age to 18 like Mikasa so people don't think I'm into pedophilia. I hope you like this chapter, I know there's a lot of speaking text in here but what ya gonna do, and I'll see you in the next one.