Chapter Thirty-One

Eren's POV

It was another busy day at the Jaeger Auto Mechanics and people were living their lives like nothing happened. Not that I mind, personally I think it's for the better if people don't know what happened. After I was discharged from the hospital I had my brother, Zeke, go to the Miami Health Center to allow me to speak with the head of the organization. From there I shared what I knew and eventually they made the memories public, now of course they went into research for those who were Titans back then so I can only hope they come up with something for those poor people.

As for those who were in full knowing of the events, well I lost my job at the studio I worked at, Scouts Photography, and from there I lived with my brother. We talked about arranging a proper funeral for his mother, so I gave in and put something together. Since then we've been living day by day peacefully, making each day worth something. We ended up opening our own mechanics repair shop for anything that needs fixed, and with that came more lessons from my older brother. I could tell he was enjoying though so I did too.

Anyway, as I was saying before hand, the shop was busy yet again and Zeke wanted to check over something with me.

" Hey Eren! Could you come over here when you get the chance?!"

" Sure thing!"

I stopped what I was doing and got off the ladder I was on and walked over to Zeke, taking off one of my gloves to use my shirt to wipe something off my face.

" What's up chief?"

" Well I wanted to check on the inventory with you real quick if you don't mind, well that and, Eren?"

" What's up with you Zeke? You can tell me anything." I reassured.

" Well someone stopped by the front of the shop and asked me to give you this letter. I think it might be your friend."

" My friend? ! Oh..."

" Anything wrong?"

" Oh, no, nothing's wrong it's just that we haven't talked in so long, him and I."

" I can relate on a certain degree. Now then, about the inventory..."

Zeke's words seemed to fade off into an unknown distance as I thought of who might've written me this letter I held in my hand. If it was who I'm thinking then we have so many things to talk about. Who I'm referring to is my childhood friend, Armin Arlert. The last time I spoke with him I left him abruptly after telling him of my depression I was facing. It felt like time went flying by, well it kind of did, six months does go over your head if you're not careful. Ever since I met Levi back in November, everything around me seemed to fly over my head, up until now. Here it is July and things seem so normal like it used to be, but part of me wished it wasn't.

Thinking back on those events that occurred in the laboratory I suddenly recalled Kenny's words about my parents. His words echoed in my head after I was discharged and it was too much to ignore so I took a flight back to California to visit my home. Once I was there I went to the back of the house and saw that the grave I dug for my father was untouched, but I went inside the house to go into the basement to check one last thing. There was nothing down there. I left my house and drove to the cemetery where she was buried and saw that her grave was also untouched. All of what that man had told me was a lie just to get under my skin. Not that I believed him to begin with.