(28) Nick & Meredith Sittin in a Tree

"This is an awful idea."

"I'm never listening to you again."

"Did I ever mention I'm allergic to grass?"

"You're ruining this, Makennah."

"I feel like I'm facing death. These are my final moments on earth."

"Are we going to die? Grace sounds like we're going to die."

"I'm going back!"

"No!" Makennah whisper-yelled. She grabbed Meredith with both hands and reeled her back to the front of the line. "This is going to work." She was a mastermind matchmaker after all. This was really a simple plan and they could have a little fun along the way.

"I feel like throwing up," Meredith whined.

"Same. But that might just be all the popcorn," Grace whispered.

"Everyone, shut up!" Makennah slit her hand across her neck to signal for the girls to can it. "Follow me!"

Like a general heading into war, Makennah crouched low and ran through the dark, ducking under windows, hiding behind trees, whispering quiet steps through the fluffy green grass. The nippy cold weather caused goosebumps to pop up along her bare arms and legs. She heard the shuffling of feet through the grass behind her and knew the girls were following their fearless leader.

In all honesty, it wasn't a great plan. Any number of things could go wrong including someone calling them cops. However, in her mind, it sounded great so she went with it. She couldn't admit her weakness now.

"Here we go!" She mouthed the words, tucked her arms close to her body, launched herself in the air and dove through the covering.

Right into a cold damp trampoline.

In the neighbor's backyard.

"Oh my God!" Grace shrieked as she dove into the trampoline. Penny and Meredith danced madly in the outside, quickly trying to climb on for protection.

"Hurry up!" Makennah waved them on.

It was one of those moments that Makennah didn't have to pee before they left. However, now that she couldn't pee and her adrenaline was pumping, she had to pee so bad. Of course, all of her friends were laughing and that made it worse. All four of them crouched in the squeaky trampoline, covering their mouths with their hands so they didn't burst out laughing. Makennah tried to shush them but she couldn't. Her sides hurt from holding in her laughter.

Penny was the first one to ease up onto her feet and leap into the air. The three of them bounced on the surface as Penny jumped around them. Fearlessly, Grace followed her and started bouncing all around the rim, staying close to the protective net around the trampoline to keep her balance.

"We are totally going to get caught!" Meredith whispered, clutching onto Makennah's arm.

"That's the point!" Makennah shrieked. Her foot slipped and she grabbed onto Meredith.

"Ow ow my hair!"

Makennah burst out laughing and tried to seal her lips closed. The front of her body slithered down Meredith's chest as she continued to fall.

"Get up! Please get up!" Meredith hooked her arms under Makennah's armpits and hoisted her up.

Makennah just fell down harder. "I can't...stop." She gasped between gusts of laughter.

"I'm falling!" Meredith whispered.

Her feet slipped and slid across the smooth trampoline tarmac. There was no way she was recovering from this. "We're going down!" Clutching onto Meredith, she let her body go limb and slithered to the bottom, taking Meredith with her.