(39) The Grand March

In all the hubbub of homecoming and her nomination, Makennah inconveniently didn't realize that Theo's ex girlfriend was nominated on senior court and was in the running for the crown and title.

For some absolutely unknown reason, Theo wastage to take pictures for the 2018 yearbook and for the town paper. That alone made her head spin. The town paper cared a crap ton about Braxton High Academy's homecoming to make their way to the school during the middle of the day to take pictures to accompany a cute little story about whoever won the crown.

Her head was already spinning from all of the festivities. That day she was dressed in a beautiful silky navy blue dress with a scoop neck and tight bodice. She was instructed to wear a dress of the school colors for pictures. When she arrived on the football field for said pictures, a freshman yearbook editor veiled her with a white sash that read "Homecoming Attendant."

All of these things drove her nuts and also unnerved her. Then she figured out that Theo's ex was in attendance for all of the festivities because her charming and graceful personality was actually voted to be here. For some reason, she was finding it really hard to stand in her presence without Theo ad a buffer.

Really, Makennah desired more than anything for Theo to show her a little attention and drive his ex bonkers.

Was that selfish of her? Totally. She didn't care.

Rebekah Allensby. She just sounded rich.

Regretfully, she could admit that she stalked Rebekah extensively on all social media platforms and then texted Meredith and Grace immediately afterwards to confirm that she was prettier than Rebekah. Meredith agreed and then teased her restlessly for even caring. Grace played childish games and also made fun of her for liking Theo.

Since Makennah arrived, she clustered together with her soccer friend, Tina or Christina to everyone who wasn't on the team, and avoided everyone else that she didn't know. Of course, she talked to her brothers. However, everywhere she turned or looked, she felt Rebekah's eyes trained on her with hatred.

Makennah didn't do the drama or gossip. She actively avoided it. Naturally, as a young teenage girl in high school, her life employed a certain level of drama but as far as she could control it, Makennah steered clear.

Unfortunately, Rebekah Allensby was doing everything she could to disrupt the natural balance of things by dishing out a whole lot of glares, rude smirks, and eye rolls.

"Okay here we go!" The yearbook supervisor, Miss Tallenti, clapped her hands to gather everyone's attention. "We'll start with the freshman portraits and work our way up!"

Theo filed in line with the seniors, dressed in slacks, and checkered navy blue and white shirt, and a matching dress coat. His brown belt matched his shoes and Fossil watch. Straight up eye candy. Makennah selfishly devoured him with her eyeballs, wondering if he felt her checking him out.