Chapter Twenty One - Multiple Choice

Ryder's POV

"Char, why the hell does it matter?" I groan for the hundredth time. She continues to whine about her hair not 'falling right' or some shit. Like, who gives a damn about your hair looking pretty? It's hair.. it's meant to fall from your head... that's about the extent of its purpose.

"Ry. My hair is like an accessory, a very very important accessory to making me look top notch. I will not have it all messy like this!" She exclaims.

"Then maybe you shouldn't have been so rough in bed," I remind her. Charlotte just giggles and continues brushing and curling her blonde hair.

After Vivian stormed off on me earlier, I need Charlotte to lighten my mood. She's become this relaxer for me, and as much as I hate to admit, I need her right now. Without Charlotte, I would be making a fool of myself confessing my feelings for Vivian. Not that I have strong feelings.. just more feelings than normal directed at her.

So I texted Charlotte to leave class early and we drove back to my place to have sex repeatedly. I have to hand it to her, she's good. Not as great as I am, but she's satisfactory.

"Ry, can I stay over tonight?" Charlotte finishes touching up her hair, then she strips into her bra and panties to stand in front of me. I know she is taunting me, hoping that if she lays out the goods, I will be too tempted to buy it. I sign heavily before pulling her into my lap.

"No. I have stuff to do, and you're going out anyway," she pouts and I kiss her lips.

"But Ryder-"

"Sorry, you know how I feel about sleeping situations," I remind her.

"Yeah, you never let girls stay over, which makes no sense." Charlotte climbs off of me and pulls on her skin tight black dress. Damn, if she weren't so annoying and bitchy, I would be all over her. She wouldn't be able to leave the damn room.

"It makes perfect sense. I don't have to explain myself to you or to anyone," I smirk. My fetish with girls staying the night is that they grow attached. They could start developing unrequited feelings for me. While Charlotte is technically my girlfriend, I still want to.. almost save myself for the right girl. The right girl will be able to stay the night every night. I think of it as a bride who wants to save her virginity for her future husband on their wedding night. I don't plan on ever getting married, but the concept is the same.

Vivian. She's the only girl I've ever slept in the same bed with without having sex. And I slept with her repeatedly without sex, which is a huge 'effing deal.

"I am your girlfriend, though." Charlotte whines after she's put her shoes on, insisting that we continue this pointless conversation.

Not for long, I scoff in my head. The second Charlotte turns eighteen, I am dumping her. Less than two months now. She could go to the cops, but the case will be weaker. Plus, I will testify against her. Stupid parents holding me back a grade in elementary school, making me feel like the oldest junior in all of history at eighteen.

"Yeah, that doesn't effect my decision," I roll my eyes. She really isn't gonna let this go.

"But-"

"Can you not?" I snap, sounding like a spoiled girl.

"Fine!" Charlotte snaps, then she grabs her bag and leaves. Then she walks back into the room, deciding that she isn't done screaming at me. Ugh, this relationship is exhausting.

"You know what, Ryder Daniels, I deserve some respect. I have sex with you, then you basically kick me out? WTF? I am your girlfriend, you need it treat me better," she screams.