CHAPTER 9: Old Friends

HUNTER

Ever since the other night when Carrie told me about what happened with Bessie and some jerk off talked to her while she was at school, I right away went into 'over protective' mode and always made sure that both Carrie, Bessie and I were with one another so they'd be safe at all times.

"Babe?" I heard Carrie ask as she's helping Bessie with her homework.

"Yeah?" I look at them and smile as I'm going through EMAIL's for work while being here at home.

"I wan't to talk to you about something." She says.

So we walk out of the living room for a minute but don't go too far so we can still hear and see Bessie.

"What is it baby?" I ask her concerned.

"Sam and I spoke yesterday and she told me that she still had some numbers of your guys' old friends from back in the day."

"Okay?" I answer unsure of why she's telling me this.

"She said that the only way for all of this to end for good and to go away, is if you guys get help from your friends." She says.

"But I told no before. I made a promise to you and to Bessie and I plan to keep that promise." I tell her.

"I know. But so much is happening already and I'm afraid of things not turning out as good. I feel like sometimes you have to fight fire with fire and that this is one of those times." She finishes with some hesitation.

"What are you saying?" I asked confused.

"I'm saying that we need to end all of this and even if it means to have help from your friends in the past then, so be it. But we need to do something fast because I fear for us but especially Bessie." I notice tears start to form up in her eyes.

I cup the side of her face and wipe her tears away with my thumb while looking into her beautiful eyes.

"I promise that things will get much better and if that's what you want me to do then I will." I tell her. Although, little does she know I have already been talking with Sam about the idea since this whole ordeal began happening and we made a deal with Maurice.

"And don't worry. I already told Maurice that I wasn't interested in his business." She says with a smile.

"Good." I agree at first until I realize that maybe we could use it as an advantage to everything. "Wait." I say out loud.

"What?" She asks me.

"Keep doing the party for him. We could use that to our advantage." I begin to explain.

"But I already told him no and to fuck off." She tells me.

I try holding in my laughter as I can just picture her saying that and watching him react.

"Well try and convince him that you've changed your mind." I chuckle.

"But he won't believe me." She says.

"He will. We'll think of something to say to him, although it might involve some a ring of course and apologizing." I suggest.

"Ugh...Really?" She says while rolling her eyes.

"Yes." I tell her.

"Fine. But this better work." She tells me.

I then give her a kiss and promise her it will and then we go back into the living room and watch Bessie.

Then while Bessie is upstairs sleeping later on tonight, Sam comes over and we both start making some calls.

Which to be honest I was a little nervous. I haven't spoken to most of these guys in years and I'm even more nervous and worried that none of them will help me at all.

It takes us a good few hours to call up everyone on the list that Sam had and while some were either dead, not able to for some reason or the few that told me to 'fuck off!' We had an overall good turn out in the end. Almost a little over half of the guys on the list agreed to help us both out.

I can't believe that Carrie had agreed to all of this but on the other hand, her and Sam were right, we couldn't do any of this by getting rid of Maurice or anything without mine and Sam's old friends.

This will be one hell of a reunion. I laugh to myself.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)