CHAPTER 21: All I See Is Red

HUNTER

For the first time in all of this and the time that I ever have really known Maurice in general, this is the first time that I feel I can trust him. Though I was beyond enraged when I found out that both my daughter and wife were in two different places and that there was a chance I would not be able to save one of them. 

I had Maurice drive us to where Skullz had told us to meet him as I was too enraged to drive. Now on our way, we get a call from Skullz. 

"We're on our way." I answer my phone. 

"Plans have changed. Meet us at the old abandoned building on Fourth Street on the top floor and there, we'll both get what we want." He tells me before hanging up. 

I shake my head as I look out the car window at the pouring rain and hear Maurice say something. 

"Hey, what did he say?" He asks. 

"He said he wanted us to meet him at the old abandoned building on Fourth Street. It's a place I grew up at when I was a kid." I tell him. 

I hadn't planned on ever going back to that dump. It had been deserted a few years after I was kicked out of my parents place after they found out I joined a gang. I never spoke with them again and to be honest, I really don't miss that place nor them neither. I don't miss the both mental and physical abuse that took place when I was a kid. 

I'm not sure in why the hell he chose that place to meet him at and my family but, I have no other choice. 

When we finally pulled up to the place, I got out and looked up at the building and a few flashes from the past went through my head and I took in a deep breath and let it out as Maurice walked up to me and we both started walking inside and making our way up to the top floor, the tenth floor to be exact. 

The moment we got up to that floor, was when I realized that this was all going to end. No matter what happened, this was going to be the place we end this bullshit. 

While beginning to turn the doorknob and cautiously opening the door, Maurice and I both take a peek inside and at first can't see anyone or anything. 

We both pull out our guns and cock them to get them ready for shooting as we began walking around the place. 

"Congratulations boys. You finally made it." We heard Skullz smirk while sarcastically clapping his hands. "Now we can let the fun begin." He states. 

"Where's my family?" I ask while pointing my gun at him. 

"Oh don't worry, they're here. They've been waiting for you." He tells me. "But first things first..." He looks over at Maurice. "You and I have some unfinished business." He tells Maurice. 

"If you want me, you're going to have to let his family go, including Sam and you are never to come near them again." He negotiates. 

"About that, I'm afraid that Sam didn't make it." He says casually and non sympathetic. 

"You son-of-a-bitch! I'm gonna fucking kill you!" Maurice yells out loudly again towards Skullz.

"Not if I get to you first." Skullz states. 

The next thing I see out the corner of my eye is both Carrie and Bessie with their mouths taped closed along with their hands tied behind their backs as they're both being held tightly by the arm from one of Skullz's men. 

"Then come and get me already and stop talking shit!" Maurice shouts at him. 

"First, I'd like to have some fun. Enjoy the show boys." He grins in a sinister way while Maurice and I get knocked to our knees after being hit with a heavy blunt object on our backs hard before his men point guns at Maurice and mine's head as well as hold us down, forcing us to watch Carrie and Bessie to see what he does to them. 

One thing is for sure, I'm not giving up and all I can see right now is red. Which once I see red, that's when I do some damage

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)