CHAPTER 16: Where Is It?!?

CARRIE

We make it to Maurice's mansion and as soon as we stepped inside, we all stopped as we looked in shock at how torn up the place was. Someone clearly has come inside (which we all know who) and has destroyed this place looking for I'm sure, the artifact. 

We quickly run after Maurice following him into his dad's office and as we all try and look on all the shelves that have already been looked at and is now halfway bare along with everywhere else, including the opened safe. 

"Shit!" We hear Maurice say under his breath. 

"What the fuck?!" Hunter says as he cocks his gun as does Sam and they quickly point it at Maurice. 

"Hey, I swear, this is the place it was at. It's always been here." Maurice tries to plead. 

"Clearly your dad wasn't the only one who knew the code." Hunter tells him as I try to hold back the tears that are beginning to form in my eyes as I begin to feel sick to my stomach with worry that our only hope to getting our daughter back safely, has vanished. 

They all continue to yell as I try to catch my breath and calm myself down. Then I no longer can hold my anger and pain inside. 

"ENOUGH!!!" I yell out making everyone look at me in shock as they see I'm aiming a gun at Maurice that no one knows I had taken before we left. 

"Babe?" I hear Hunter hesitantly ask. 

"I am over this bullshit. I don't care what issues you people have with each other. All I care about is my daughter and getting her back safely." I begin to say while holding back tears and trying hard not to yell. "Now the only thing that can get her back is gone. So," I began and then glared at Maurice. "You have two choices. Either you find something else that he would want or I swear I will splatter your fucking brains over this shitty colored office." I tell him as my grip on the gun and the trigger begins to get tighter and tighter. 

Everyone still is looking at me in shock until Maurice nods his head in agreement. 

"I know where the real one is." He confesses making everyone look back at him. 

"The REAL one?" Hunter asks through gritted teeth. "You mean to tell me that you were going to give him a replica?" Hunter asked. 

"Yeah, but, shit, I thought Sam would fucking cave in and offer herself up to him." He says with his hands up in surrender while looking at her. 

"Fuck you, I'm not a toy! Besides, I told you, I will never go back to him again." She says. "Now where the hell is the original?" She asks. 

Maurice looks as though he's not going to tell us until he notices that all three of us are not lowering our guns and are all close to pulling the trigger until he finally caves-in. 

"Fuck!" He says as he turns around and goes back into the safe and lifts up the bottom inside and takes out a real golden statue that seems like it may have belonged to a royal family. 

"Is that it?" I asked in disbelief that I'm seeing a rare artifact from ages ago that many have tried hard to find but couldn't. Well, not until his father did that is. 

"Yes. Here." He says as he shoves the piece into Hunter's arms. "Take it." He says harshly. 

"You know this could have all been avoided." Hunter tells him. 

"Sure." He replies before looking over at Sam. "It's nice to know how important family is to you." He tells her. 

"Yeah. I do. And unfortunately, I can't call my own blood my family. Especially when they do nothing while their father abuses his cousin for years." Sam tells him in disgust. 

Hunter looks at her surprised and yet confused also. 

"What?" Hunter asks her. 

"Let's just get the hell out of here and go get your daughter." Sam says as she begins to turn on her heel and start to leave. 

Hunter and I didn't question her anymore and just got in the car and started making our way back to the house to go over the plan with everyone. I feel bad for Sam. I'm not sure in what happened to her but apparently it was horrible. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)