Chapter 30 .Admit it.

"So what do we know so far?"

Lucien paced as we circled around a desk, thinking, planning. "Well, we know that your father was behind the explosion. But how did the explosive even get into your office?"John said rubbing his corse stubbled chin.

Biting my lips, a thought comes to mind. They seem to catch on, they all look at each other before at me "Kiara, explain what you are thinking" Lucien spoke growling slightly. It hit me that they are having the idea that I let someone in. "It's not what you think, I didn't plant the bomb or know who did. But it would have had to be an inside job right?"I say, using my pointer finger to trace the exterior land of our old house. "Are you saying one of my men planted it?" an unconvinced Lucien asked.

"Just listen. When I was first brought there...I would sneak outside and I would look for a way out..."I whispered and Lucien tensed crossing his hands over his chest. "there where guards literally everywhere, every point of possible exist and entrance."I say looking up at him, and he wore an unimpressed look.

But I pushed that aside and continued "so someone inside who either knew a way in or out or was inside the house often. They would have had the opportunity to plant it while we were all in the gym. And what about cameras?"

John looks at me for a second before saying "all of them needed to be...updated" he spoke saying the last word like he had hit pure gold."get the people responsible for adjusting the cameras, make them talk"Lucien instructed John and sunshine, both of them nodding and exiting the room.

Walking slowly towards the exit hoping he will let me sneak out, but today isn't my lucky day. "Not you Kiara. Stay"Lucien growled walking up to a window which overlooked the lush forest. "Damn it"I whispered under my breath.
dragging my feet back up closer to him.
The silence in the room overpowering, my hands fidgeting nervously.

Every time I would looked for a way out of the old base I would fail, each exit was covered by guards or an impossible way out. I looked for secret passages and I searched for an escape route. I wasn't gonna flea, because my mother was in danger. But I wanted a way out in case it became too much to handle.

But now I'm glad I never found one because I'm glad I stayed. "You were gonna leave me?" he asked looking over his shoulder, his hands behind his back and his emotions that showed were on his sleeves. he looked angry but mostly hurt. "I looked for a way out, but I wasn't gonna leave. My mother-"

"So you mom is the only reason you stayed?You stayed to make sure your mother was okay all this time?" he growled the anger pushing the hurt away. But I could still feel it come out of him in waves.

his lips that were not long ago whispering sweet words to me where now frightening me with his screams.

Shaking my head I say "it started off that way. Because you gave me no want to stay..."I say taking a step forward but he just turned away from me, silent."Lucien..." I whispered

"I should have known, I should have never..." he growled ugh I sighed "Lucien...please just listen..."

"You tricked me with your games, you never really wanted me..." he said angrily, his voice -the way he growled, I have never seen him so furious least of all at me.

But my anger matched his."Lucien shut up so I can explain myself. Your jumping to conclusions" I said throwing my hands up and barking at him, in which he narrowed his eyes but obediently stayed quiet.

"At first I wanted a way out because you were a stranger. A dangerous man, you threatened my mother; you forced me to marry you. So God forbid that I did what any other normal person would do. Yes, I looked for an escape route" I growled, looking over his now completely emotionless face.