Chapter 13

Chapter 13

01/13 Monday

Is January and is the first day of classes. My birthday is in three months! I am finally turning 18! Yay! I can legally drink in Mexico! Yes!

I walk to my frist class and breathe in the cool winter air. Today is unusually cold and that makes my heart’s burning feel a little better. One thing is trying to forget someone 6k miles aways and a very different one is to do it while you know you are in the same place. I turn around to see the building that I know he is staring at me from. It has been six month since the first time we saw again.

I have to fight the urge to just drop everything and run upstair and meet him. I give a tentative step towards the building, towards him, and he disappears. I don’t get it. If he wanted to kill me he could have done it that first day, he could have done it that night! I was ready to die. I was willing to if it would allow me to be next to him if only for a second. I close my eyes and remember his touch on my face just as someone puts an arm around me and pulls me in hug.

Alex’s blue eyes look at me shining. Why can’t I love him?

“Jesus Alex! you are not the only one that missed her” Mindy says pushing him away and hugging me. “I missed you!  What did you bring me?”

“Hi honey!” Sonya appears from behind us “Mindy, go to class!”

“Yes mam!”

“That’s right Smith! go!” Alex says and Mindy punches him in the arm.

Mindy waves bye and we walk together to our next class. Is Dr. Bott again, is Chemistry again. But this time is not just me drowning in an ocean of 100 other students, is me, my friends and the rest of the world and I know that things will be alright. I hope. I pray.

Sonya is a nerd so we sit on the third row. “Miss Furutadou” He smiles at me “Will your father be joining us this semester as well?” My face blushes crimson and people around us laugh. I turn around really quickly, there is a familiar laugh that sends chills to my spine. Benjamin. I blanch and Dr Bott that is staring at me gives a quick step back

I stand up and look around slowly, carefully. He isn’t here.  I take a deep breath in to calm myself down. It could be someone else. laughter are common sounds. I sit back. Dr Bott is staring, worried? scared? But he scratches his head and begins his class.  I am glad it is his first class because I can’t really concentrate. All my senses are focused, if that was his laugh I can’t risk anybody. Benjamin is not like him, he will not hesitate to kill me. He will avenge his father’s dead regardless of how many people has to die in the middle.

Two hours go by, nothing happens. Thank you!

The day is almost over, I sigh as I walk to my car, I am happy and grateful nothing happened. I still can’t shake the similarity of the laugh out of my head but the only thing I can do is tell Joy as soon as I can, and that is what I do. Since I came back from Japan I haven’t seen any of my dad’s guy around home or following me to school (Probably they eliminated the immediate threat  that time that Joy got stabbed. I don’t know for sure because nobody tell me anything) and I hope this won’t change that. I like walking around without having people stare at me

My first day of school I go to bet with a bad feeling in my chest.

This semester I have to take Physics 1. God I hate physics, why do I have to take that class, why doesn’t even exist!? If I ever find myself in need to use the parabolic shot equations then I might as well not use it because that probably means world war 3 happen and I have other major things to worry about like food and shelter.

I walk into a classroom in a building I have never been before. There is at least 60 people and I don’t know anyone. Great!

My classes this semester are not that bad (except physics :{ I am going to need major tutoring for that one) I am taking Chem 2 (of course with its corresponding lab) with Sonya, Daniel and Alex, Bio 2, English 2, History 2 and  P.Science 2 with everyone. Physics, by myself (God I hate physics) and Calc 2 with Evie and her friend Nia. 3 hard and 4 easy. I should do good. If someone doesn’t try to kill me in the next six months.

Today because is the first Friday of the semester (and to motivate us or so he says)  Dr. Khator is going to give a talk during Dr. Bott class. I am actually really excited to meet her. last time I was at her office she wasn’t even there.

The room is suddenly quiet, she enters smiling. she is wearing a red suit. I already love her.

“Hello! Good morning” she greets everybody! Then she sees me. (God why I keep sitting in the front rows?) her smiles flatters, but she recovers in an instant. “And so a new semester begins…