Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I know it happened. I know it because the smell of his skins still linger in me. But he is not here, there is no trace that he ever was.

“Good Morning” Mindy stares at me leaning on the door frame in a room that I don’t recognize

“Mindy!” My eyes water immediately. I push the duvet away and run towards her. The realization of what happened last night downs on me.

Something in my faces makes her dash to my side and catches me on her arms just as my legs falter. We hit the floor together.

I am so stupid! What was I thinking last night! I shake my head and begin to sobb. Hearing me cry my friends rush to the room

“Whats wrong?” Myle throws herself towards us and hugs us tightly

“Last night I was at the rooftop. I… I almost kill myself” I manage to say between sobs “I have no idea why!” I put my hands around my head.

I hear a loud smack and turn my head up Alex and Daniel are waiting by the door. Alex looks at me and in a second his face changes “Kevin!” He snaps, fury irradiates from him. “Daniel” he says and turns to see him, there is an invisible exchange between the two and they leave the room hurriedly

“What is going on?” Sonya asks kneeling by us and exchanges glances with Myle. Jason enter the room with a cup of water that he places in my hand.

Feeling my friends around me I begin to feel better, my sobs slowly die. Mindy stares at me and clumsily fixes my hair with her fingers. She looks like she is trying hard not to cry.

“Rebecca, What happened?” Sonya ask sitting on the bed by us. I have never hear her sound so serious. I close my eyes, my head is spinning.  

Alex enter the room, he is dragging Kevin by the arm, he is bleeding from the mouth. Once they are close enough, he pushes him down to the floor. I have never seen him so mad!

He kneels and pulling Kevin by the hair he lifts his head. “What the fuck did you gave her?”

I hear Sonya and Myle gasp.

“Whats going on?” Mindy asks confused. I feel the same.

“Answer the question!”

“I… She said she had a headache and, and she looked so tired!” Jason says nervously “I just gave her a lift me up” Alex lets go of his hair and his head hits the floor.  “Let’s get the hell out of here” He tells everybody, he is staring deeply into my eyes.

Mindy and Myle rise and help me stand up. My body is still shaking. Daniel enters the room carrying my shoes on his hand.

I see them and my eyes fill with tears again. I remember it perfectly. Standing by the edge. Looking down. I feel my knees giving in. Alex steps on Kevin and leaps to catch me before I hit the floor.

He cradles me up and kisses my forehead. “I am going to have you kicked out! How dare you give my girlfriend pills! And you don’t tell me, you don’t tell anybody. If you ever come 50 feet near any of us ever again, I will make sure you end up where you belong” He stares down and Kevin. Sonya you and the girls get everything together. Lets go to my place”