Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The rest of my week flew by on a beautiful bliss. Thursday we skipped classes and drive to Surf Side. It is a beautiful beach and hour away from Houston. My friends organized everything and we stayed there the night. We played in the ocean all day and eat s'mores around a fire at nighttime. The next day around five we came back and enjoyed FF (it is such a cool event) until midnight. After that me and the other girls had a sleepover at Sonya’s, we baked, watched scary movies painted our nails and gossiped. Daniel came to pick us up in the morning and we drove back to school for the last day of FF.

We leave there around eight. At Kevin’s house there as a full blown party.  Alex’s brothers are there, Myle and Mindy invited some friends from highschool that also attend UofH and they are really cool. Evei and Nia are here and everyone is having an amazing time. Around midnight we go to one of the many clubs downstairs and party and dance and drink. Its awesome!

It's three am, I am exhausted and my head is killing me. “Kevin, do you have any aspirin?” I turn to ask him. He is sitting on a chair behind me. He stares down at me intently “I have something better. Give me a second” he says and leaves the room.

We are sitting on the floor in a half circle. Sonya is resting her head in Daniel’s lap. Mindy is at my right side, is her turn to roll the dice. Myle is at my other side filling shoot glasses with the Soju (korean drink) that Daniel brought.  Alex is passed out in a chair  

Mindy rolls an 8 and she moves her piece (the cap of a soju bottle) she lands on a snake and has to slice down to a lower box “Shot for Mindy” Myle sings! She looks at it reluctantly, pinches her nose and chugs it down.

It is my turn now. I grab the dices and throw them. I land on the lather so my lighter gets to go up.

“Myle pass me a shot!”  Kevin is back “Here”  he gives me two white pills and the shoot glass

“Wait but I got lather!”

“Its for the pills silly”

“With soju?” I ask him. “Daniel can I take painkillers with soju?”

He shrugs!

I shrug too and pop the pills in my mouth and continue playing.

I am not sure who’s turn is anymore. My head feels a little fussy and I am extremely thirsty. I get up and walk to the kitchen looking for something non alcoholic to drink. This game is so much fun! I sigh and turn around all my friends are here. ‘I love them so much!’ I hug myself smiling. I am surrounded by love! But something is missing, something is always missing, he is always missing.

“Haruhi! Come back!” Mindy is calling me. I bite my lip. love her so much! “Is your turn go” I sit heavily next to her and roll the dice. Damn it I got snakes

“Here you go!” Myle says passing me another shoot. I chug it. Man I love soju! it is so yummy

“So whats your first test?” Kevin asks me

“Physics” I think. Man I hate physics! “Damn it!”

“I get you don’t like”

“I hate it! And I have the worst teacher. He is rude, and mean, and so strick! And I mean I have learned nothing from him, he might as well not exist. It would make all of our life easier! “