Chapter Four

Chapter Four

More days passed and soon Maria was back in her top condition. William had flipped when he heard about what happened, but it was the past and it wasn't like he could change it. Everyone avoided talking to Maria about what she had been upset about, and Maria didn't mention her medicine at all.

At the moment she was in Ciel's study, watching him work.

"I'm bored."

Ciel looked up from his papers. "Really. Do you want to play chess? Go for a walk?"

Maria groaned, she was feeling especially unladylike today. "No and no. We already took a walk this morning and I need a break from chess. I love playing with you, but...no."

Ciel sat back in his chair, a glimmer in his eyes that hadn't been there before Maria's coming to the manor shining in his eyes.

"Then what do you suggest we do?"

"Go to town." It was obvious that Maria had thought about this before.

Ciel thought about it for a moment, then nodded. "Sebastian!"

A minute passed before Sebastian appeared. Maria noticed that he purposely avoided looking at her and frowned. He had been avoiding her ever since William returned. Maybe she would confront him about it later.

"Prepare everything; we are going to town. Maria wants to go," Ciel paused and looked at her, "because she is bored."

Maria smiled innocently at them before calling William. When he arrived she told them their plans.

"Milady Maria..." William started. Ever since he had returned he had been way overprotective, and Maria was sick of it. She would bet that his next words would be Are you sure that's a good idea? And the arguing would ensue.

Sure enough. "Are you sure you want to go to town today Lady Maria? The weather looks dreadful."

Maria stood up and stalked over to him, power defining every step. She stood in front of him at her full height, which wasn't much seeing as she still had to look up to meet William's eyes, who was looking down at her.

"I will not argue with you, William. I am going and that's final." Maria pushed up her right sleeve revealing the contract tattoo on her right shoulder. It glowed briefly and William's eyes copied, glowing pink as he said, "Very good, milady."

Sebastian found himself looking at Maria with a small smile on his face. That's my girl. He thought rather fondly. Wait, what am I thinking?

He glanced over at Ciel, who was also watching her with reverent eyes. She has everyone ensnared, so it seems.

"I shall go prepare everything." Sebastian said and quickly got the hell out of there.

Soon everything was prepared, and Ciel and Maria were waiting in the front hall of the manor waiting for Sebastian to pull the carriage up. William helped Maria into her coat. Over the week the weather had gotten colder, and Maria hated being cold.

Sebastian opened the front door, soaked to the bone. "The carriage is ready," he announced with a closed eye smile. It was pouring out, the wind blowing crazily. Lightning struck the air almost angrily.

"It looks awful outside." Ciel commented, Even though everyone could obviously see that. Maria could tell he was having second thoughts about going.

"William. My umbrella, please." Maria held out her hand expectantly.

"But Lady Maria..."

"Now." Maria glared at him, her tone dangerous. He quickly consented.