Road Trip

It was the middle of the night when you heard a knock on your door. Mumbling a quick "Come in.", you sat up in bed just to watch the door open to reveal your two grinning roommates, Tom and Harrison. You had been roommates for the past two years and it wasn't unusual for one of them to show up drunk in your room to tell you a funny story or some random fun fact just because they thought you would appreciate the new information.

But tonight they had stayed at home and you didn't even have any alcohol in the house, so it was a surprise to have your sleep interrupted by the two of them.

"Fuck off." You groaned.

"We didn't even say anything." Tom giggled as he pushed Harrison further into your room. The blonde boy was now standing awkwardly next to his best friend before he made eye contact with you and seemed to ease up a bit.

"You don't have to say anything, I see both of your faces. This can't be good." You said before letting yourself fall back in your pillow, hoping they would just go away if you ignored them.

"We have a surprise for you!" Harrison smiled, clearly a lot more excited than you were at the moment.

"Yeah, I bet the surprise is just as amazing in the morning." You groaned again, pulling your pillow over your head to stop the noise from coming through.

"No, you really need to hear about the surprise - and then you need to get up and put on some clothes, because Harrison is going to take - OUCH!" Tom couldn't say more because he was being hit on the arm by Harrison.

"I told you that I was going to tell her!" The blonde said before you felt your pillow being pulled away from you.

"Why are you guys in my room at 4am? Why are you guys acting like you're drunk which you sadly aren't because that would explain a lot more and WHY the fuck do you want me to put on some clothes?" You were getting annoyed.

"Yeah, Harrison, tell her. I'll wait outside." Tom grinned at you as he walked backwards until he was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm getting a fucking divorce." You whined before trying to grab your pillow again.

"We're not even together?" Harrison grinned, "But speaking of which..."

Suddenly you seemed to be wide awake and you were very well aware of the fact what Tom had just said minutes before and what Harrison just started talking about.

"Please, H, just tell me what's going on."

"Okay... uhm, so, we're friends right?"

"Yeah, friends." You rolled your eyes.

For you this was a lot more than just friends. There had been a few stolen kisses between the two of you when you were drunk at first before the lingering touches and stares kept getting more intense and more electric. You knew you had it bad for the blonde boy, but you also didn't know how he felt about you.

You slept in the same bed on the regular because both of you had a hard time falling asleep without the other next to them. Harrison was driving you crazy and there was no way you were hiding your feelings for the boy well enough for him to not know how you were feeling about him. Tom most definitely knew and he wasn't being subtle about it.

"Please, tell me what's going on."

"Okay okay, I was sitting outside with Tom, watching a movie when he asked me when I finally wanted to confess my feelings for you... Wait, no, fuck that's what I was going to do in Paris." He groaned as your eyes widened and your heartbeat picked up it's pace.

"W-What? P-Paris?"

"Ignore what I just said..... do you want to go on a roadtrip? Like.. right now?" He laughed while nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm not going to ignore what you just said, Harrison." You chuckled.

"DID YOU FINALLY TELL HER YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH HER?" Tom shouted before he bursted through the door.

"For fuck's sake, TOM! Leave!" Harrison shouted back before throwing a pillow in his direction.

"Figured it would take you ages." Tom laughed before looking at you, "He's in love with you. You're in love with him. He wanted to take you on a roadtrip to Paris tonight. Just say yes. He's going to love the shit out of you in the city of love. You're welcome my friends. Bye." He giggled as he ran out of the room before Harrison could get to him to smash his head against the wall.

"What the fuck did just happen? I don't know if that is a dream or if you two stupid fucks are playing a sick prank on me or if you guys are actually serious?" You said, looking at Harrison who was awkwardly standing in front of your bed without saying anything.

"I- I really mean it... I-I wasn't going to tell you like that, I wanted this to be super romantic and ... and I told Tom that I needed to do something special and then we kind of brainstormed ideas and then he came up with the Paris idea and we kind of got a bit carried away and decided that I had to do it tonight or more like in the morning because I probably wouldn't have gone through with it if I didn't do it now... and yeah so, basically, thisismetellingyouthatI'minlovewithyou. I was going to do it on top of the Eiffel Tower but yeah, I messed that one up." Harrison said as he fiddled with his hand enough to make you nervous as well.

"You really are serious, aren't you?" As much as you tried, you couldn't hide the smile that was spreading on your face.

"Yeah, yeah I am."

"Well, then I better get dressed, huh?" You giggled as you hopped out of bed.

"You're coming to Paris with me?" He broke out into a smile as you jumped into his arms to press a kiss to his lips. You were glad the boy's reaction time was fast enough to catch you or this could've probably landed both of you in the hospital.

He was still holding you up in his arms as you pressed your forehead against his while you just admired the blue eyes of the boy you were so hopelessly in love with and who just confessed his feelings for you.

"You know, you could've told me tomorrow morning in the kitchen and I would've been happy with it." You smiled as you traced the outlines of his jawline.

"I know, but I'm extra like that." He grinned before pressing a soft kiss on your lips, "Come on, let's get you dressed and ready to go on a roadtrip."

After getting dressed, you grabbed your bag with one hand and intertwined your other hand with Harrison's as you made your way towards your front door. That was when you heard someone clear their throat and look at you with a hopeful smile on their face, making Harrison groan.

"My dear best friend, do you want to join us on our first road trip as a couple?" Harrison laughed as Tom ran out of the front door while shouting "Shotgun."