Prologue.

You know that feeling when life couldn't get any better or worse for you right? Yes that's what I was feeling at the moment.

Sometimes I feel like there's no one who can relate to what I feel, and as much as Yimika tries...

She can never understand.

She keeps telling me to never give up on her 'God', to never turn my back on him.

When he turned his on me? I don't think so.

And as much as my parents try, they can't make me go back. Back to when I was vulnerable and weak, back to when I still believed in that imperceptible being, also known as 'God'

Call me mean, self centered or whatever you feel defines me, I don't care. I'm who I am and nothing can change that.  Over the past few years I've realized that humans are basically double-dealing people and even though they might actually care, they're susceptible to a lot of the things we run from, and they can't help it. God, on the other hand, is powerful, pre-eminent, innovative and lots more, but then sometimes it feels as though he would rather watch me agonize than help and no matter how much people try to change my perspective of it, I wouldn't see it for any other way.

"Yemisi?!" Yimika screamed snapping her fingers in my face. "Were you even listening?!"

I looked at her startled. Just then did I come to a realization, that Yimika, my bestfriend since ss1, had been sitting in my room explaining algebra that I already understood perfectly. I even scored higher than her during tests or exams. "No?"

"Ah! You definitely need Jesus! So after wasting my saliva right?! Ugh!" She groaned rubbing her face with her palm. I chuckled at her childish display of frustration.

Yimika was what I would describe as a slave driver. When she wanted something, she'd ensure that she gets it at all cost. She was also very soft-hearted and her honey eyes were just enough reasons to want to confide in her and tell her all your problems. She was always in her signature box braids, packed into a huge doughnut at the top of her head. She was about average height and lastly, she believed strongly in God, heaven, miracles...all of those spiritual things. When someone ever had nightmares, She'd take it seriously, saying it was sent from the pit of hell and needed to be cancelled by all costs.

"I was saying that the equation for this number" she pointed to number three "is X equals to.."

"Can we not do math now. My brain is not in the mood." I complained running my fingers through my hair. "So  brain is now  having moods shebi? You know what? I'd just drop it. But tomorrow. We are finishing it." I sighed in defeat and nodded. It's not like I could steer clear of math when Yimika Owolabi is around.

It's not as if it was homework! It was just past questions for WAEC!! That exam is like next year..

"Oya so where do you want to go? KFC or Mr. Biggs?" She asked putting away the text books, notebooks and scientific calculator.

"KFC" I said in a 'duh' tone, simultaneously rolling my eyes playfully. She swatted my arm, feigning angry "thou shalt not roll thine eyes at me." She said and I laughed. 

"So what should I wear? I definitely can't wear this." I said gesturing to the over-sized top I was wearing.

"Before nko will you wear it? Abegi!!" She rolled her eyes. I hissed and began to laugh a little as I walked to my large wardrobe and looked through the clothes I had.