✔21

We had finished our morning routine which included hiking, going across the lake and learning stuff about the trees and fishes and animals which stayed in the area, around 12:30pm. We had breakfast of fruit salad, toast, tea, cereal like fruit n' fiber, quaker oats (which I honestly hate), corn flakes, cocoa pops depending on your interest.

"Abeg pass me towel I'm going to take my bath" yimika said. "What happened to your hand?" I asked.

"Something is doing you abeg Vida biko pass it"

"Get it yourself" Davida called from the bed where she lay using her phone. "Are you even meant to be with your phone??" I asked raising my brows at her playfully.

"Bebelube did they send you message?" She retorted we all laughed at her. "I got free food for us" Amaka said walking into the cabin. "You and junk food se"

"What? You think I wanna be like all them healthy food or lifestyle obsessed people? Please! I'm tryna live my best life" She said keeping the food on the table. At least she brought food for us to share.

"Amaka please pass the towel behind you" Yimika begged. "Something dey do you abi? I brought food for us all and you're telling me nonsense. Better take it or go and bath and use the sponge to clean yourself. its not hard"

We chuckled. "All of you sef. My time is coming. It will soon be my time to shine" yimika grumbled grabbing the towel and going to the bathroom.

"I'm going for a walk" I announced standing up. "We went hiking not long ago" Vida reminded. I shrugged. "she wants to shoot her shot leave her na" Amaka said winking.

I rolled my eyes at her. "na you sabi"

I walked out of the cabin. Truth to be told, I still felt sore from hiking but for some reasons, I decided I still wanted to go out. I walked around the area and then brought out my phone to time myself. I needed time to breath in and out.

I bumped into a tree, slamming my fore head on it. Uh...unless trees had a cute face then you walked into a juju one.

I quickly stepped back, taking time to access the person in front of me. He kept watching me also, so it was very awkward.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat. "I... uh... I'm sorry?"

"Are you asking me?" He asked.

Oh I see.. The ones with egos. "No. I'm sorry"

"Better" he said flicking of an imaginary dust from his shirt or chest or whatever. "are you rude?" I snapped

He looked up completely taken aback "wait what?"

"Oh now your deaf abi? I told you sorry and I think you're meant to say sorry because apparently you weren't watching where you were going also" I hissed

"You stink" he said covering his nose.

Great. This boy is officially the rudest person I've ever met.

"Psycho" I groaned walking away. "I'm Tony!" He called after me. I paused and turned around. "Never asked!" I replied him and walked back to the cabin.

"You shot your shot" Amaka smirked immediately I entered. "You're silly. That boy is rude! Like god how can someone be that rude?"

"You were even worse you know?" Yimika said bringing out a black and grey sweatpants and matching sweatshirt.

"Karma has struck" Davida smiled. I glared at her.

"But..I apologized for bumping into him and he legit told me I stink." I complained.

"Drama queen" Amaka said rolling her eyes. "Truth to be told did you bath after you finished hiking?"

"..No?" I said looking every where but her.

"You stink then" Davida finished earning a nod from Amaka. I glared at the both of them and then stood up to have my bath.

****

"Lunch time!!" The supervisors called. We all filed out of our cabins. They had booked a restaurant around the area so we can have lunch there because some students complained of seeing rats in their cabin. So after fumigating the cabin, they decided to book restaurants during breakfast lunch or dinner.

I was wearing a tee-shirt and sweatpants. You can't blame me, I wasn't in the mood to wear anything like that.

Most people looked at me like 'what's up with her?' But I really didn't care.

Each cabins had a table which had eight chairs. one girl cabin and a boy cabin was to sit on a table.

"Yemisi, Davida, Amaka and Yimika. You're over here" a supervisor said. We all sat down and an extra chair was beside me. "Hey" A boy greeted, I recognized him as Michael. "Yemisi!" Daniel smiled "Hey"

I shook hands with him and Michael and the other Daniel. "I'm sorry who's here?" I asked the boys since we girls were obviously complete.

"Oh ...Tony" Daniel said. I did a spit take and turned to Davida who was three seats away from me. "Please let's switch I'm begging you"

I begged her clasping my hands together. There was no way I was seating with that boy who was obviously dropped as a baby "no switching" a teacher glared at me.

Just great

I leaned back into my chair and heaved a sigh. My life has turned around.

"What's up with you? First of all you wore something stupid and then your behaving as if you'd die soon" Yimika asked.

"Babe just leave me to die in peace. My time had come" I mourned and sank into the chair even more.

Michael, the two daniels, Amaka and Davida all laughed with Yimika shaking her head at me.

It wasn't funny at all and they were laughing. I said the devil himself is going to sit by me and your laughing.

Just then the door opened and in walked the devil. He looked around and once his eyes landed on our table, he walked towards us. Immediately I turned around panicking. there was only one empty chair and it was BESIDE ME!!!!!!!!

Amaka threw a questioning glance at me and turned back to talk to the rest.

The chair was pulled back and he sat on it. "you were late" Michael commented.

"Okay?" He asked making himself comfortable earning an eye roll from both me and Michael.

"let's introduce them to you" Daniel (2) said. 

"This is Davida" Vida waved

"Amaka" she nodded at him

"Yimika" she waved

"Yemisi"

I sunk into my chair.

Tony paused, staring at me

****

Egungun....complete it 🤣

Who remembers Tony?? The fine guy in the casts nau?