Chapter 7

Ace's POV

I just sighed at Kiran's blunt, somewhat heartless answer. This boy used to believe things as childish as soul mates and love at first sight. But after that whole incident, he now has the extremely stubborn belief that it's impossible for people like Hunter to fall in love. It was a very traumatic experience for someone to go through, I know—it's unfortunately not my story to tell. I mean, sure they go around seducing and fucking pretty much everyone they meet, but I'm sure they have feelings too. Like Jaxon and Leo, for example. Jaxon was on of the biggest players in the school. He and Leo been together for quite a few years. But even though he knows it, it's not enough proof to convince Kiran that anyone can fall in love.

I placed my hand on his and made him look at me. "Kirann... Can't you you at least try to forget it ever happened?"

Jimin just shook his head. "Ace, no matter how hard I try, I can never forget that incident... You know that..."

I was about to say something else, but Kiran just stood up and walked towards his closet.

"Look, Ace, I'm still not comfortable talking about this, okay? So I'm going to bed. Are you staying here tonight or are you going back?"

"I'll just call my mom and stay here..." It seems like you need it...

He walked to his bathroom and got dressed into his pj's, which looked extremely adorable.

(Like Mister Park Jimin here 👆🏼) 

I got the spare mattress and blankets from his closet and under his bed, which he keeps for me whenever I stay. I might as well I just live here. He got under his covers and got comfy, turning to face me. "Night, A~"

"Night, Kiran~"

—————————

Next morning... 

Hunter's POV

Mornings are my least favorite time of the day: wake up, do what I gotta do in the bathroom, get the usual worried stare from Jaxon, be 'proper' in front of parents.... all that crap.

After getting out of the bathroom, Jaxon just gave me his upset, disappointed look. I know what that look is for, but even if I look away his gaze burns into me. I hate that look with a passion.

"Hunter... Are you sure you're okay?"

"Jax, I've told you a billion times, I'm fine."

But he still doesn't believe me. I just walked away to avoid his pitiful gaze. I got ready for school and also prepared myself to face my parents.

Of course the first thing, and only thing, I hear from my parents is that I'm late to breakfast by about five minutes. I roll my eyes and Jaxon and I block them out for the rest of the morning before walking out of the house to the car.

As we began driving to school, Namjoon moves his gaze to me.

"Hunter... Are you sure you're okay? You're not..."

"Jax, I'm done with all of that stuff. You've got absolutely nothing to worry about, alright?"

Jaxon just nodded and turned his attention back to the road. I think he mumbled something to avoid me from hearing, but I heard it anyway: "I hope you're not lying to me again..." 

Of course that sentence left me in silence. I absolutely hate lying to him about these things, but I don't want him to worry, or share the burden with me. Worrying my brother is the last thing I ever want to do, especially since he's been put under a lot of stress lately.

As we pulled up into the school parking lot, as usual, we were swarmed by groups of girls. Ugh, I hate this with a passion. Sure, I understand why they were going after me—not that I'm genuinely interested in them, cos all have slutty personalities anyway—but you'd think they'd back off Jaxon due to the fact that he HAS A BOYFRIEND OF 3 YEARS. So they should just cry themselves a goddamn river, build a bridge and GET OVER IT. But they don't give two damns, of course.

At least they don't hate Leo. In fact, they do the exact same thing they do to Jaxon to him. Let it go ladies, they're not breaking up any time soon, you hear?

The first thing I see when I get out if the car, other than these desperate hoes, is cute little Kiran waiting at the school gate, probably for that sunshine boy. Then I noticed that someone was walking in his direction, most likely to insult him or something. I knew exactly who it was, and I sighed. Sangwoo... I know what he's doing and don't know why he even tries anymore. He needs to move away from the past.

I watch as he and his brainless "friends" walk up to Kirann and push him around and drop his books on the ground. I left the clingy group of girls, ignoring the screams of, "Hunter! Where are you going?" and walked towards Sangwoo and Kiran. I could hear the little argument between them.

"Are you sure you're not a girl, girlie?"

"For the last time, Sangwoo, I'm not a damn girl!"

Even Sangwoo thinks Kiran is a girl. I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"Sangwoo, again? What's wrong with you?"

All of them turned to me. Sangwoo's expression softened for a split second before going back to his cocky bastard look in the blink of an eye.

"Cos it's fun to pick on pussies like him, don't you agree?"

Again, I knew what he was doing. He didn't want anyone else to know, but I saw right through him.

"Just leave."

He gave me a look if disgust before leaving with his minions trailing being him like a tail. I picked up Kiran's books and gave it to him. He took them, hesitantly, and was about to leave, but I grabbed his arm before he could.

"Kiran, I'm saying this again: if he worries you or causes any problems for you, come and find me, and I will deal with it, okay?"

He nodded. "I will... Thanks, by the way..."

His voice is so pure... I let go of his arm and he quickly walked away to meet his friend, who was talking to Mason. I smirked at the sight. He walked towards me and gave me a look that said, shut the fuck up. He knew that he wasn't going to hear the end of it.

"Damn, Lover boy. You never told me you got into a relationship so fast with that sunshine boy..."

"Hunter Kim, I swear to God..."

I just laughed at his red face, which could have either been from anger or from talking to Ace. Probably the latter reason.

I did, however, stop teasing him once Noah arrived and began walking beside Mason. I knew that he could never stand hearing me tease Mason, so I actually decided to be considerate and not mention Mason's little crush on Ace.

When Leo had arrived to school, the five of us—while avoiding the mob of clingy, annoying girls—began to walk into the school... Or hell... I don't care, it's pretty much the same damn thing, I guess.