Chapter 9

Kiran's POV

"Okay, Ace, you can shut up now..." Ace has been ranting for the past five minutes about how he was grouped with Mason and Noah and how it was so coincidental.

"Alright then. And I'm assuming you had another amazing tutor session with Hunter again?"

I tried to hide my slightly blushing face from him. "Not amazing. But I must say, it was... different, I guess."

"Different as in...?"

I contemplated whether I really wanted to tell him, but he has his own way of finding out himself either way. "He asked me questions about myself... like he wanted to know more about me..."

The moment that sentence left my mouth, Ace's eyes beamed with a mischievous glint, and I knew I not gonna hear the end of it.

"A, please... Spare my life if you love me..."

"Sorry, Kiran, no can do...." I blocked my ears as he screamed out how his theories were actually right this entire time and how I was so wrong about what I said. God, please have mercy upon my life.

"Now you have to believe me this time, Kiran! He doesn't just ask anyone about themselves! This is pure evidence that he actually wants to get close to you!"

I scoffed. "Please, don't give me that rubbish. He's probably gonna use the information about me manipulate me or something later..."

"Okay, you've definitely been reading too many books and fanfics. Not everything is like a book or anime or things like that... unfortunately, but that's not the point. You've gotta let go of the past, okay? Not every playboy you meet is like him. Yeah, they're bad people, I know, but not all of them. Like Mason and Noah, or even Jaxon and Leo. Didn't you say Jaxon was treating you like a friend, joking around and everything??" I nodded. "Then give him a chance, Kiran. I know you can't forget about what happened, but forget about him at least, okay? For me?"

I thought about it and sighed, knowing that he was right in a way. Ever since that incident three years ago, I've been pushing a lot of people away just because I was afraid to get hurt again. It was a very traumatising experience for anyone, but it was worse for me because before it actually happened, I was extremely afraid of being raped or sexually abused; this thing only made it worse for me. It took me months to recover, because shortly after, I didn't want to talk to anyone, not even Dad or Ace. I fell into slight depression afterwards and after months of trying to get me to talk, I began to feel slightly better knowing Hobi was there to help me. He's right; I need to try and forget about him, because I'll keep pushing people away thinking it will help me.

"Yeah... I guess you're right... I'll try, maybe."

Hoseok threw his hands up in the air and shouted, "Thank God!!!" and hugged me tightly.

"Ace... Can't... breathe..."

He let go of me and laughed. I smiled and gestured for him to keep it down, because the she-devil was in her room, and she was probably waiting for an opportunity to rip our heads off.

The next day

Ace's POV

I was in music class, sitting in next to Noah, trying not to blush, squeal or die. I know he doesn't exactly like me, but hey, one can only dream. We were currently trying to come up with something for our music assignment, but it's going somewhere at least... but really slowly.

"Should we make it a love song??"

"Yeah... but won't a lot of people be using that kind of genre...? I mean, it's quite common, don't you think?"