Chapter 21

Hunter's POV 

Have you ever looked at someone you like and thought, "Wow... if only you knew how beautiful I think you are... I pray I never lose you..."? That's me everyday when I see Kiran. Even before I realized I liked him, I thought he was pretty cute. Now, to me, he's the most beautiful person I know. 

It's quite scary. I don't think I've felt such strong feelings for anyone before, not even... never mind. I've never cared about someone this much, not even Mason, my best friend. I've never thought about someone this much. Though the first day I met Kiran and actually spoke to him, I've never been able to get him off my mind.

Ugh, this is all so goddamn confusing, it's actually giving me a headache. I should probably ask Jaxon about this, he'll probably know more about this.

I made my way to Jaxon's room, making sure that I didn't wake my parents up—it wasn't late, but my parents went to sleep early. 

"Jax?"

Jaxon looked up from his phone, distressed, and turned to me. "Hunter? What's up?"

I walked into his room and sat on his bed. "Jax... what is love...?"

Jaxon's eyes widened at my question. "Why...? Is this about Kiran..?"

I nodded and Jaxon sighed knowingly and answered, "Well, I don't know for sure... But I feel that love is the absence of judgement."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Simple meaning, please."

"Basically, I think that when you are in love with someone, you see their flaws and mistakes, but you choose to overlook them and care about that person unconditionally. Not only that, but you begin to notice the deeper things about them apart from the everyday things. You feel that special connection to them and their happiness is something you want most for them, even if it's not with you. You love someone as they are, and with everything they come with."

I listened intently, letting his words sink in. "Jax, is this how you feel about Leo?"

Jaxon blushed and nodded meekly. "Hehe, yeah. Now, is this the answer you were looking for? Do you think you're in love with Kirsn?"

"I don't know... I don't know what love really is, that's why I asked you... I don't know what these feelings are... But I know that I care about him a lot... he's on my mind pretty much all the time and... I don't know, these feelings are confusing."

Jaxon chuckled softly. "These feelings are always gonna be confusing, little brother, believe me. But you'll figure it out soon enough. I'm always here if you need me, little brother. In case you need to talk to someone about these things, Leo and I will always be here for you, okay? I love you, little brother. "

I hugged my brother and buried my face in his shoulder. "I love you too, big brother."

When I pulled away, my gaze moved to his vibrating phone. "Hey, are you okay...? You seemed pretty disturbed earlier. Did something happen?"

Jaxon just sighed and smiled tiredly. "Yeah, but it's nothing major, don't worry about it."

"Don't say that. Please tell me what happened. Is it about Leo?"

".... Yeah, but it's a bit more complicated than that... And I can't exactly show you unless you really want me to..."

"Why...?"

"Because it will hurt you just as much as it's hurting me right now..."

That made me feel a bit hesitant, and also very confused, but I wanted to know what was bothering my brother so much.