Chapter 12

Meanwhile...

Kiran's POV

I sat in the front seat of Hunter's car nervously... for some reason. Jaxon had driven home with Leo while Hunter and I had taken a drive to my house. The whole way there, I was praying that my mother wouldn't make things awkward. First off, she's bound to act overly nice and she'll definitely act like she actually cares about me. Secondly, once Hunter leaves, she'll be shouting at me, calling me things like "slut" and "whore" etc.

I gave him an advanced warning and walked into the house. Of course, my mother was the first to greet us and (fake) smiled when she saw Hunter. I knew that inside her mind, she had already killed me a thousand times for bringing him over and forcing her to act like this. Oh God, please save us now...

"Hello there! Who might you be?"

I flinched at my mother's overly polite voice. "This is Hunter, my classmate that I'm tutoring for a while."

"Well aren't you just a handsome young man!" My mother kept complimenting him, something I don't ever hear come home her mouth. Hunter just smiled thinly as if my mother's sugary compliments were melting his teeth. I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

"Uh... Thank you, Mrs Frost, but if you'll excuse us, Kiran has to tutor me now..."

"Oh, sure! You two go ahead!"

I wasted no time grabbing Hunter's hand and ran to my room. I slammed the door shut and sighed in relief. After a while, I noticed I was still holding Hunter's hand, so I let go of it hastily, feeling slightly flustered.

"Wow... Okay, your mom is definitely worse than mine," He laughed. His smile made his face seem like it was glowing and radiant. I admired how pretty he actually looked. Wait, did I just call him pretty?! What's wrong with me?!

"Kiran!" I snapped out of my small daydream once I heard Hunter's deep voice.

"Huh? What?"

"I said, we should probably start the work now..."

As he worked on the few exercises, I found myself glancing at him, only to be staring at him longer than I should have. I haven't noticed how good-looking he truly is. I tried pulling my gaze away, but I found it extremely hard to do so.

"Hunter? Can you please help me with this?"

I walked over to my desk and looked at the trigonometry question.

"See, it's like this..." He worked on it and I was about to go back to my book, but I found myself staring at him once again. His eyes were dark blue and so pretty. His chocolate brown hair looked so soft... And his lips looked so pink and soft... Woah woah woah, what?!

"Kiran...? Are you okay?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and froze up. His touch somehow made me feel weak.

"Ah, yeah... I'm fine..." I froze again once I felt him press his hand gently against my forehead.

"Are you sure? You're burning up quite a bit..."

"I said I'm fine...!" I gently pushed his hand away and rushed back to my book, burying my face in my hands, embarrassed. What's happening to me?! Why am I feeling so weird??

Hunter's POV

As Kiran rushed to his bed and focused on his book, I turned my gaze to discreetly admire how pretty he is. His face is so baby-like and cute. His hands are so small and adorable. Maybe I do have a small, tiny crush on him, but he can't know that... At least, not yet...

As time went by—with me staring at Kiran more than focusing on the work he gave me—I eventually had to leave. I packed up my things and greeted Kiran, leaving fast enough to avoid his mother and her over-the-top compliments.