Chapter 24

Author's POV

After what seemed like hours, Kiran eventually had to go home before his mother, the she-devil, killed him. As much as he didn't want to leave Hunter at this time, he didn't want to have his mother angry at him and risk seeing her. 

Just as he was about to leave, Hunter pulled him into another hug and kissed his forehead. The simple act of affection made Kiran want to cry, but he held it back; they had shed enough tears for today. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kiran..." 

"Yeah, goodbye..." 

Reluctant to leave, Kiran pulled away from Hunter and made his way home. All he could think about was how much he wanted to run away from his mother, because she clearly didn't care one bit for him, and she definitely wouldn't care if he left. 

Then his thoughts went to his father. He was the sole reason Kiran was still staying there; had it not been for him, Kiran would have been long gone by now. 

Thankfully, he was met by his father, Xander, as he entered his house, not wanting to even see his mother. Xander made sure he was the first to see his son after having to see Hunter when they heard the news. If there was one thing Xander can't stand, it's seeing his only son in such pain like this. 

Seeing his father, Kiran rushed into Xander's open arms and let out all his pain. Xander brought them to Kiran's room and sat them down on the bed. As much as his heart was hurting, he needed to be strong for his son. 

"Papa... It hurts..." Kiran cried, pointing to his chest. 

"I know son... Just cry, I'm here for you." 

Kiran hid his face in Xander's chest, letting out soft sniffles that broke his father's heart with every passing second. A knock on the window was heard a few seconds later, and they both look up to see Ace. Xander motioned for Ace to come in. 

After finding out about it, Kiran told Ace about the arrangement. Knowing that Kiran didn't want to talk about it, Ace stayed silent the whole day and waited for Kiran to be home so he could hug him and comfort him for as long as he needed. 

Ace jumped into the room and sat on the bed. Xander made room for Ace and held out his hand. Ace wasted no time to hug his best friend. It was at times like these that Ace acted more like a brother to Kiran. 

The two of them sat like that for a while, just trying to comfort Kiran as much as they could. Both Xander and Ace knew that Kiran, the sweetest boy they know, deserved happiness more than anyone, and it broke their hearts to see him in so much pain. 

The next day... 

The four boys were feeling extremely out of it. They barely ate, slept and couldn't concentrate. Hunter and Jaxon were much more moody at school than Leo and Kiran, however the latter seemed to be much more depressed. 

Mason, Noah and Ace were getting worried, especially since they knew bits and pieces of what happened, and that there's nothing they could do about it. 

Later that day during dance practice, Ace couldn't concentrate on his steps. His mind kept pulling his thoughts to how much Kiran was hurting. Mason could see he was stressed, he could understand, but decided not to ask him. He was also feeling a little distressed for Hunter. Instead, he quickly left after practice and rushed to Noah's house; he needed to take his mind off things, so working on the song would have to do. 

Just as Ace was about to leave, he was met with the very last person he wanted to see. Takumi quickly rushed up to him in worry. 

"Ace, are you okay? You seemed out of it."