Chapter 22

Kiran's POV

I sat there, frozen in shock, trying to process the words that just came out of Leo's mouth.

He and I are set up to be married...? And my parents didn't even bother telling me..?

I don't even think my father knows about this. I know he would never agree to this... I can only imagine how angry he must be... 

"Leo, when did you find out about this...?"

"Yesterday... I didn't want to mention it because it made me feel uncomfortable, plus... I thought you knew already..."

I just shook my head and laughed emotionlessly. I can't believe this... My own mother is so willing to basically give me away and get me out of her hair that she would arrange for me to get married... As if she hasn't already made my life a living hell...

"Did you tell Jaxon?"

"I did, and he was planning on telling Hunter today..."

Meanwhile...

Hunter's POV

"Jax... Tell me this isn't true... Please..." I looked at Jaxon, hoping for him to start laughing and say, "Ha! Gotcha! I can't believe you fell for that!"

But all I got was a downcast look and his eyes were filled with sadness and disappointment.

"I'm sorry Hunt, but it's true... Leo's parents told him yesterday and they've already made plans..."

I clenched my hands into fists, feeling my fingernails digging into my palms. I wanted lash out, punch the wall until my hands bled or scream my lungs out. But right now my chest feels heavy and I feel like bursting into tears.

I felt Leo wrap an arm around my shoulders and pull me close. "I know how you feel, Hunter... Believe me, I feel the exact same way... But there's absolutely nothing we can do about it..."

The next day...

Author's POV

Poor Kiran felt like he just escaped hell after yesterday, and sitting in homeroom next to Hunter and Takumi didn't make things any better. He felt like he was ready to die. 

While he was at his locker, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Expecting to see Ace, he was quite shocked to see none other than Takumi standing in front of him. He froze, unable to move, half hoping that the ground would just open and swallow him up or he could vanish.

"Hey, Kiran... Long time no see..."

"Hi..." Kiran could barely breathe. I mean, anyone would feel the same way when faced with the same person who you loved and loved you and then suddenly broke your heart like it meant nothing.

"Listen, Kiran... I'm really sorry about what happened... It was really cruel of me, and I had no right to do that and—"

But Kiran couldn't take it. He didn't want to take it. So he decided to let out his emotions right there and then. "Yeah, okay, fine. You expect me to forgive you, though? After what you did to me? You humiliated me, used me and lied to me and you expect me to say I forgive you? You didn't seem sorry after doing what you did. Once it's done, it can never be taken back. So don't apologize. Please, I don't want to hear it. Now leave, before I tell Ace, and God knows how he'll react once he sees you." And with that, Kiran walked away as quickly as possible.

Takumi wanted to say something, but knew it wouldn't mean anything to Kiran. He wanted to kick himself for what he did. No one knows it, but ever since that day, or even when it happened, he felt like shit for what he did... Or rather what he allowed himself to do. He reached into his pocket and took out the necklace Kiran bought for him on their anniversary...

'I didn't deserve this gift, and I still don't... I'm so sorry, Kiran...'

It's a shame... Takumi is actually a really good person, despite the fact that he was a total dickhead that day... But he let himself become vulnerable and that's why his life went down hill.

Right now, it seems like no one really likes him; not Kiran, not Hunter, not Ace, anyone. But, to make the story even more interesting, I'm about to change that right now. Why? Because I'm the author and I can.

Time skip

Ace arrived at the dance studio early again. He scrolled through the songs until he found the song he had been working on a routine for. He let himself get into the routine, but at the same time, he couldn't get Kiran out of his head. After hearing about Kiran's 'outburst' at Takumi, Ace had been restless for the rest of the day, itching to beat the crap out of him.

Speak of the devil, Takumi walks in to the studio after seeing the unlocked door. What he didn't expect to find was Ace Archer himself, performing a routine he'd never seen before. Yeah, he knew Ace was a great dancer, but he had no idea he was this good.

Unfortunately, the performance was cut short because Ace opened his eyes. Boiling rage filled his eyes once he saw Takumi standing at the doorway.

"Wow, Ace... I never knew you could dance like that..."

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Woah, calm down... I just started here, and I heard that there were dance classes being held here... I know you hate me, but that didn't stop me..."

Ace narrowed his eyes, walked up to Takumi and roughly grabbed his shirt. "Listen, dickhead, don't try apologizing for what you did to Kiran. I don't care whether he forgives you or not but I still fucking hate your guts. You try going anywhere near him again and I will beat your ass, got it?"

Damn, Ace, you scary...

Takumi eased his hand off his shirt. "Look, I know there's no excuse for what I did. But I really am sorry, okay? I was weak and a douche, but I will never stop being sorry. You can beat me up, I deserve it, but I'll still apologize over and over for what I did..."

Ace was about to say something else, when suddenly the door opened again and in walked Songdeuk and Mason.

"What's going on here?"

Takumi opened his mouth before Ace could even say anything. "Oh, I was watching him dance and I was just about to ask him if he could give me some tips or advice about dancing, since I've admired his work for a while now..."

Ace just looked at him, glaring daggers into his soul. If this is how it's gonna be from now on, he'd rather be dead than be in the same room as Yamada Takumi.

"I look forward to dancing with you, Ace..."

This should get quite interesting...

Before dance practice 

Kiran was in a rush to get his books from his locker. He was held back in class and Hunter was waiting for him at the car. He hadn't spoken to him all day and was itching to at least say something to him.

Suddenly his locker door was slammed shut and his books were knocked out of his hands. Of course, it was no surprise to see Sangwoo and his idiots surrounding Kiran. But he had no time for this. As reached down to grab his books, he was suddenly pushed down.

"Get up, fag, we're not done with you."

"Aw, you wanna cry?"

Kiran just covered his ears. He held his tears back; he did not allow himself to show any sign of weakness.

"Get the hell away from him before I kill you..."

Everyone suddenly stopped. Kiran looked up and gasped. The last person he expected to see standing up for him was Takumi.

"You heard me. Get the hell away from him."