Chapter 1

Kiran's POV

"Ugh, why is this ugly faggot still in the school?"

"And why the fuck is he still wearing girls' clothes?"

"Can't you take the hint? No one wants you here, you fag."

I kept my head down, avoiding every harsh word that was spoken towards me. Although, by now, their words don't have as much affect on me as it did in the past. Still, my life is a goddamn mess.

" Kiran!!" My best friend's voice rang out through the noisy hallway. He ran up to me, almost colliding into me, and squeezed the life out of me. No matter how horrible my day may be, Ace Archer, my sunshine friend, can always brighten up my day even a little bit.

"Ace!!" I hugged my best friend, ignoring the burning stares of digust from the nearby students.

"Kiran, I missed you so much!"

"A, it's only been a week..."

"Still...!"

I smiled at my dorky friend. The students close to us began whispering again and I hid my face in my hands. Ace gave them all one death glare before covering his mouth with his hand to whisper, "Anyone been causing you any trouble lately?"

I shook my head and responded, "Oh, you know. The usual insult here and there. Nothing new, really..." Ace just looked at me sadly. After years of bullying, insults, and whatever forms of harshness came my way, I've learned to block it out and just move on. Though their words do occasionally get to me sometimes...

"Kiran..."

"Ace, it's fine, okay? Come on, we gotta get to home—"

Loud screaming erupted from almost every girl at our school, cutting me off. I turned my head to see what the commotion was about. Ugh, why am I not surprised? The most popular boys in the school had just walked in. Girls had surrounded them, fawning over them and went so far as to try to seduce them in the middle of the hallway.

" Will you date me?!"

"Why would he date an ugly thot like you?! I'm way more his type!"

"Shut the fuck up, he's mine!"

"Fuck off, he's mine!"

The girls began to argue, physically, over all five boys, especially the famous playboy of the entire school: Hunter Kim. I rolled my eyes and turned away from the group.

"Why is everyone so caught up with that group? More importantly, why does everyone fall over Hunter Kim? I'll admit it, he's good looking, but what more is there to that boy?"

"He's just good looking? Kiran, he turns lesbians straight! And before you say anything, no, I don't like him... That much at least, not like those girls do anyway."

"Not my point! I don't see what everyone loves about him besides his looks..."

The boys just happened to walk past us and Hunter caught my gaze. He smirked and winked at me, causing me to frown slightly and look away. I looked up to see Ace's with a slightly red face.

" A, are you staring at Noah or Mason this time?" I smirked as he turned even more red.

"Shut up...!"

"Aww... My best friend has a crush... Or two." He punched my arm lightly, his blush becoming darker.

I smiled and began walking to my class, unfortunately having to part ways with Hoseok. I rarely get to see him, instead, I have to suffer the consequences of being in a class, not only filled with homophobic students, but one with Hunter Kim himself.

I took my place at the very back of the classroom, unseen by everyone. The students began filling in and I kept my head down, avoiding eye contact with everyone and anyone. Just as the teacher was completing the register, the door burst open.

"Mr. Kim, you are late."

I lifted my head up slightly to see Hunter roll his eyes at the teacher.

"Yeah. I know."

The teacher gritted his teeth and was probably rethinking his life choices.

"Go take your seat at the back, as much as I don't want to put you there."

Taehyung walked to the back of the class, ignoring the lust-filled stares directed his way. I kept my head down and prayed silently to myself, please don't sit next to me please don't sit next to me...

Of course I was in vain, because, obviously, this rich boy had to sit next to me. God, kill me now. Why is he even sitting here? He should have guessed by the number of empty chairs surrounding me, that people don't want to be close to me in fear that they might actually turn gay.

He looks around the class and slowly catches my gaze. He winks at me again and smiles, causing me to look down at my lap and pull my sleeves down over my thumbs. Honestly, I don't know why I'm feeling so flustered.

Short time skip

I sat next to Ace outside during lunch. Before I met him, I would sit here by myself, either listening to music, reading a book or drawing. I found it very hard to trust people, so it took me quite a while to trust him.

At the moment he was ranting about how he's so happy that Mason and Noah were both in his class.

"Can you believe it, Kay?! Two of the most handsome guys of the school are in my class! Better yet, they're actually sitting close to me!"

"Hobi, calm down, please. Jeez, why don't you just tell one of them, at least, that you like him."

"Haha no. You know, as much as I like to talk, I could never do that."

I smiled at his subtle shyness. He suddenly stood up.

"Kiran, I'm just going to the bathroom real quick. Will you be okay?" he looks at me sympathetically.

"Don't worry about me, okay? I'll be just fine." He just nods and walks away.

I pull out my sketchbook and began working on my unfinished drawing, the one Hoseok was begging me to finish. I was so caught up in my work that I failed to notice the silent footsteps coming my way. Assuming it was Ace, I didn't look up and tried to put my book away. Unfortunately, it had been taken from my hands.

"I'll take that, thank you."