Chapter 18

Ace's POV

I was the first to arrive at dance practice again, even after rushing home to get my shoes.... Or so I thought. As I entered the room, I saw Mason standing against the mirror, as if he knew I was about to arrive and he was waiting for me.

"Hey, Archer."

"Hi Mason. You're surprisingly earlier than usual."

"Yeah, well, it's cos I needed some time to ask you something..."

Oh God... He's not about to say...

"Ace... I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me...?"

Damn, he said it... Jesus, he just made things harder for me. I need to give up my feelings for him. As much as I like him, I can't say yes... Noah would end up finding out and he'd be heartbroken and he'd hate me... I can't do that to him.

"Mason... But I can't accept this, I'm sorry."

The hopeful look on his face dropped; I hurt him. "... What...? Why not...?"

"Mason, I do like you... But I can't go out with you, because..." I debated whether or not I should mention Noah's name, and I decided against it. "... I think there's someone else who already loves you and I don't want him to be hurt."

"... There's someone who loves me...? Who is it? "

"I can't tell you that, I'll let him tell you that himself when the time is right. I'm sure he'll confess to you and there's a chance you'll realize that you had feelings for him all along. Until then... Friends for now...?" 

I feel horrible for friendzoning him like this, but I didn't have anything other choice. I wanted him and Noah to be happy together—because I technically gave him a big-ass hint.

Mason just smiled and nodded, but I could still see the slight hurt in his eyes. It broke my heart, but I smiled for him.

"Friends for now."

"I'm sorry, Maaon..."

"It's fine, Archer..."

I was about to say something else, but my phone began to ring. It was from and unknown number, but I answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hello, am I speaking to Mr Ace Archer?"

"Yes, that's me... Who is this?"

"This is the hospital. I'm calling you because your number is one of the speed dial numbers on this patient's cellphone."

"Patient...? May I know the patient's name?"

"Her name is Kiera Frost."

My heart stopped once I heard the name. I almost dropped my phone as I answered hastily.

"Oh my God! I'll be there as soon as possible!"

I hung up and hurriedly put my phone away.

"Mason, I need to go! Please tell Songdeuk that I had to rush somewhere and that it was an emergency."

Mason agreed and I rushed out of the room. Since I walk to school, I had no car, so I had to run to the hospital. That didn't bother me though. My adrenaline was pumping and my head was only filled with thoughts about what had possibly happened to my best friend, who was like my brother.

Hunter's POV

God, that was horrible. I can't believe I let that dumbass's words get to me like that. I can't let that happen again, it's happened too much in the past; I need to have a strong mind, I can't let what people say get to me.