Chapter 3

Quinn had always been a good friend to Santana.  The whole Brittany fiasco had almost broken Santana.  There were countless nights of drinking and crying with Quinn as she tried to piece her life together starting with re-gaining custody of her kids.  One she was able to get her kids back, Santana slowly started to come out of the funk, and became the bitch the Quinn had known and loved most of her life.  To push her recovery forward more quickly, Quinn and Rachel had devised a plan.  They pitched an idea for a charity show sponsored by Lopez Fabray Consulting along with another local L.A. company.  Santana was resistant at first, but when Quinn said they could raise money for Make A Wish foundation, Santana caved.  She always had a soft spot for kids in need.

All of their Glee Club friends came and performed for the event.  By the end of it, the old Santana had emerged in full force.  She had a blast, and it was just what the doctor ordered.  Thus, this marked the beginning of an annual event.  This year’s theme had been set - “So Last Century.”  All songs had to be from the 90’s or earlier.   A few people at work had taken over the planning of it and the details were coming together nicely.  Once again several of their Glee friends would be coming in town to be in the show that was a little over 4 months away.  Most of the acts had been lined up, silent auction items were coming in, and costumes were being worked on.  It was like a fine oiled machine.

One other outlet Quinn introduced Santana to was an underground Smashball league.  Smashball was like Dodgeball on steroids.  It’s played on a court that is completely enclosed by plexiglass in between the size of a racquetball court and a basketball court.  The rules were the same as Dodgeball except you could use the walls or ceilings for either propelling yourself or a teammate or for throwing your ball against to try to get the other team out.  It was a fast paced game that required lightening reflexes since balls could come at you from at any angle.  With Santana’s athletic ability as a cheerleader and gymnast and her desire to win she quickly came up the ranks in the league.  Her team was almost always 1st or 2nd place.

Santana trained most evenings after the kids went to bed.  She mainly went to Sky Zone, an indoor trampoline place, where she could learn new and perfect old moves that would catch her opponents off guard.  She always played in the pick up dodgeball games and rarely would she get out because she was able to contort her body in the air or do the splits when she landed to avoid being hit.  She used the walls to do a variety of flips that would allow her to rocket launch a ball much to the dismay of her opponents.  There was no one that she couldn’t get out.

“Morgan, I’m headed out to Sky Zone.  I’ll be back later.” said Santana.

“Ok.  Have fun.”

Santana arrived at Sky Zone, warmed up, and then started playing dodgeball.

Demi arrived at her trainer’s gym.  She was exhausted from the day and the last thing she wanted to do was to work out and lift weights but she knew she needed to get in shape for her upcoming tour.

“Hey Brandon.”

“Hey Demi.  Ready to go?”

“Uh – I’m kinda dragging today.”

“No worries.  I’m switching it up.”

“Ok – what are we going to do?”

“I’m taking you some place for a different kind of workout.  C’mon, I’m driving.”

“Uh – ok – are you going to give me a hint, here?”

“Nope – it’s a surprise.  Trust me, you’ll like it.”

Brandon drove Demi over to Sky Zone.  They had chatted some along the way, but mainly Demi to distracted trying to pay attention to where they were going as her curiosity was peaked.