Chapter 11

Demi awoke the next morning very disoriented to her surroundings. It took her a minute to remember the events of the evening before. As she rolled over, she saw Nick was still sleeping. Not wanting to wake him in order to give her more time to process what had happened, she slipped quietly out of bed and gathered her clothing. She quickly headed into the bathroom.

Demi put her clothes back on and turned to look at herself in the mirror supporting herself with her hands on either side of the sink. She splashed water on her face in an attempt to wake up and shake the cobwebs out.

Ok, Demi. Let's think this through. So, I slept with Nick. The sex was good even though I couldn't really let go, but that will come (cum) with time, right? Demi laughed to herself at the "punny" she had made in her mind. I mean, it was the same way with Wilmer. It took me a while to be able to do that with him and even so it wasn't consistent, but that's not what sex/making love is all about, right? Nick was much more attentive last night than Wilmer ever was, so that has to count for something. I mean, who cares if I can't have an orgasm right away? I'm pretty sure that Nick had fun.

Bottom line - Nick is a great guy. We have known each other for years. He gets me, really gets me. He has seen me in my highest of highs and my lowest of lows and still wants to be with me. Also, I'm fairly certain that he loves me and possibly is in love with me. I would be crazy to walk away and not see where this goes. Now, the question is do I love him. Hmmmmm . . .

Demi pondered this thought over and over in her mind.

I know I love him as a friend and obviously now more than a friend as of last night. Am I in love with him? No, I don't think so, but I don't have to be right now. That can evolve as we get to know each other in a more intimate way. Don't over think this, Demi. Just go with it. What do you have to lose? You know Nick will always have your best interests at heart. He's a good soul. You know that for sure. You have seen that first hand for years.

Demi was so lost in her head that she jumped when she felt arms snake around her waist and a single kiss placed on her shoulder.

"Good morning, beautiful." said Nick smiling.

"Oh, hey. You scared me!" said Demi leaning back into Nick's strong arms.

Demi turned to face him, "Listen, I didn't realize how late it is already. I hate to do this, but I have to run otherwise I'm going to be late for a meeting."

"Can I make you some breakfast first?"

"No, I will probably just grab something on the way."

"Ok. Wish I could convince you to stay but I totally understand. Let me walk you out." Nick put his arm around Demi's waist escorting her to her car.

"Oh, crap!"

"What's wrong, Demi?" said Nick with a look of concern.

"I totally left my purse, guitar, notebook, and phone in your studio. Here, I'll go get them."

"Nonsense. Wait here and I will grab them."

As Demi waited for Nick to get back, she was completely unaware of the camera shutter going off multiple times in the background.

"Here you go, beautiful." said Nick as he handed Demi her purse.

Demi dug inside, found her keys, and unlocked her car. Nick opened her door and loaded the rest of her things in for her.

"So, call you later?" said Nick.

"Sure. That sounds great."

Nick leaned in for a kiss as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind Demi's ear. "Talk to you soon."