Chapter 10

Earlier...

"Yah," SeokJin suddenly snapped, causing a chill to run down her spine.

Reese's body began to shake in fear. She reluctantly looked up at the prince's guard, meeting his narrowed eyes. The pure black orbs the man were focused solely on her smaller form.

He began on his way towards her, his posture still rigid and arms crossed over his chest. Only a foot away, he towered over the princess as she remained sat in her chair.

The man's overbearing presence overwhelmed her and she took her eyes away from his. Despite this, he still zoned in on her like a hawk. SeokJin scoffed scornfully, before snatching her chin into his hands. He forcefully made her look at him, his face still static.

Reese's eyes widened as she realized how close they were to each other. SeokJin hunched forwards, using the armrest of her chair to keep himself upright.

"Let's get one thing straight," he growled freely, the grip on her chin growing harsh.

She winced at both the force of his hand and the tone of his voice.

"You do not belong here," SeokJin hissed. "The prince may have shown you hospitality for treating his wounds, but do not forget that I'm always watching."

Reese began to shake in terror as his words began to sink into her mind. He was serious, he wasn't joking, not one bit.

"The moment you try anything, I will not hesitate to cut you down," the man snarled, shoving her back into her chair. "This is your only warning."

With that, SeokJin left the room, slamming the door behind him. The sound reached Reese's ears and she broke down. Tears began to stream down her cheeks, the fear hitting her as if she was accidentally hit with Domino's back hooves. Reese was truly alone, even if she was in a castle full of people.

SeokJin seemed to make it worse for her, reminding her that she had no home, no place to return to. If she were to leave this castle and never returned, she would be lost forever. Here she can feel safe as she tries to figure out what to do. If she was out in the wilderness, she would be prey to anything and everything.

"Stay away from SeokJin," she scolded herself. "Distance yourself from Taehyung... Domino is the only one I need in this war."

Reese wiped her eyes with her robe sleeve, the fabric becoming soaked in her salty tears. Could she really feel safe in this castle?

Standing up, she began on her way towards a dress laid on her bed. She pulled her robe off before slipping the expensive material dress over her form. As one last touch, she tucked her mother's hairpin into the inner material of her dress.

"Maybe I should go see Domino..."