Chapter 36

Meanwhile, within the Adarwein throne room...

The prince had a hard smirk on his face, his ears falling upon the sounds of his army taking control of Adarwein. It was his ideal situation for a coup d'etat, however he hit some bumps while executing his plan. That made his smirk fall into a deep frown.

Though he sat upon the king's throne, he couldn't truly claim it until he either killed the king and prince, or had them surrender their territory to him. However, neither the prince or king could be found within the castle. King Kim was set to return upon the day he gave the order for his army to invade the kingdom.

He fantasized seeing the king's life shatter the moment he laid his eyes on the flags replacing his own, the flags of Statha flying over the castle. Unfortunately, he never returned, he had focused his resources on taking over Asilyra and Adarwein, he didn't dare to think about any problems- the prince thought the plan was flawless.

The damned captain of the guard stood in his way of getting to Reese, and she slipped away. Everything was going to plan, but Hoseok had to ruin it. She was clever, hiding in plain sight and blending in with the mistresses within the Adarwein court. By the time Jungkook had informed him, she was already gone. She got the upper hand, but he won't let it happen again.

Jungkook looked at the prince, arms crossed over his chest. He too was livid about the outcome of the plan, he was so close to killing the thorn in his side- Hoseok, captain of the royal guard. Jungkook had fatally wounded the man, he could barely even stand. However his loyal and over zealous men charged at him, giving Hoseok the opportunity to escape. The guard had no idea where he was, he could only assume that Hoseok managed to find the princess.

The large doors to the throne room were thrown open as a guard came running down the aisle. Before he reached the end, he fell to one knee and bow in fear towards the prince.

"Your highness, Prince Taehyung and SeokJin are gone. We looked in every room, however they are absent."
"Those damn-" Namjoon was about to burst at the seams, his face turning red as he rose from the throne.
Everyone but Jungkook shook in fear as the prince grew angry.
"FIND THEM AND BRING ME THEIR HEADS!" he roared.

The quivering guard nodded and dashed out of the room to get away from the fuming prince. Namjoon turned to Jungkook, who stood at attention.

"Jungkook, you better find them, or I swear," the prince growled.
"Your wish is my command, your highness," he hummed scornfully, bowing in service.

As the young guard walked down the halls, he brandished his blood stained sword. An evil smirk tugged on his lips, thinking about what he'll do.

"I can't wait to see your blood on my blade and watch the light leave your eyes."