Chapter 53

Reese stood with her head up tall in front of people from all the surrounding kingdoms. Prince Taehyung and Captain Seokjin sat front row smiling supportively as Hoseok stood beside her.

“I now crown our new and ever reigning queen, her majesty, Reese.” She felt the crown sit atop her head and she smiled out over the crowd. Prince Taehyung bowed instantly with Seokjin and Jimin. 

Afterward, she went outside to her gardens where Taehyung had asked to meet, not that their meetings were ever in private, but the topics they discussed seemed to be private.

She walked out and saw Taehyung already stood there, his back towards her and she came up behind him, her small hands covering her eyes.

“You’re the only person with small hands that I know apart from Jimin, Queen.” He spoke teasingly, turning and facing her with his box-like smile that always sent Reese’s heart soaring-

“You wanted to talk?” Reese smiled softly, reaching up and fixing his crown slightly, his hands going to her hips to steady her as she leaned up. They both stood like that, her hands slowly falling from his crown and hair to his shoulders. “You’re blushing.” Reese teased.

“As are you.” He grinned and she broke away with a slight huff.

“No, I am not!” She walked ahead of him, her hands rising to her cheeks to feel the heat radiating off them. Taehyung chuckled and followed her before catching up to her.

“Ah yes, I’m just wondering whether you have been hounded by your advisor yet about suitors?” He hummed gently as he walked alongside her. She looked towards him.

“I haven’t yet, thankfully.” She smiled softly, feeling her cheeks only get hotter. “Why? Have you finally decided on someone?”

“Well… I decided a while ago.” He hummed quietly. Reese felt her heart drop.

Since her conversation with Seokjin about falling in love, she became aware that what she was feeling for the Prince was far from what she felt for Seokjin. Seokjin had convinced her that the Prince had fancied her back and-

“I met them not too long ago.” He spoke again. “Although I knew her differently.”

“How so?” Reese asked softly, trying to mask the hurt.

“I knew her by her alias- Sophie.” He hummed gently and encased her hand in his large one, lacing their fingers. Reese felt her heart race and her cheeks turn bright red and Taehyung looked the other way, flustered.

But the truth was, Reese had chosen a long time ago too.