Chapter 20

"How are you feeling Sophie?" Taehyung asked, sitting on the edge of her bed

Reese stared down at her hairpin, fiddling with the butterfly's wings. The moment she woke up, she felt far too weak to even move. Last night's events were far too harsh on the poor girl, everything inside of her gave up. The princess has never felt so sick in her entire life, she wished she could forget, but she couldn't. They were here, the people who killed the innocent people of her kingdom.

It was too much for her to handle, she needed to get out of there as soon as possible. If she didn't, she would have been seen by Jungkook, the cocky bastard of a guard. He stood beside the vile prince like he has achieved something great. All he did was help him sit upon a bloodstained throne- her throne. She clutched her hairpin tightly in her hands- Hoseok was there to protect her, there was no doubt that their swords parried. To think that Hoseok lost, it made her stomach flip. He promised-

"Sophie? Sophie, talk to me," Taehyung urged, laying his hands on top of her's.

She snapped her heartbroken eyes up to Taehyung. The prince was caught off guard, taken aback by the expression on her face. He stared at her with shocked eyes, frozen.

"S-Sophie..." he gasped.
"I... I need some alone time..." she whispered. "Please..."
Taehyung's voice faltered as he said her name again.
"Please..." Reese begged.

The prince bit his lip, looking at her as tears began to brim her eyes. He couldn't bring himself to leave her while she was like this- it would hurt if he did. Taehyung wrapped his arms around her torso, pulling her into his chest. Ever so gently he pecked the side of her head before pulling away. Cupping her cheeks, he spoke softly.

"I'll be back later to check on you, okay?" he cooed. "Please, just rest for now."

Reese watched the door to her bedroom close, the sound echoing through the space. Once she was alone, she finally let all her tears flow down her cheeks. All her grief, all her guilt, she couldn't get rid of it, no matter how hard she cried.

A sigh left Taehyung's lips as he stepped out into the hall. Immediately he was greeted by SeokJin, his side leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. They made eye contact and the prince shook his head.

"Did you find out what's wrong?" the guard asked.
"She wanted to be alone," Taehyung answered. "Honestly, what's bothering her so much? It couldn't have been the seafood, I've had it multiple times last night and I didn't get sick."

SeokJin's eyebrows furrowed together. He too was worried about Reese's condition, and it bothered him that she didn't want anyone to come near her for a while.

"She'll come around Taehyung," he sighed, though he feared that she wouldn't.

With one last look at her door, SeokJin closed and his eyes and clenched his jaw.

"What's wrong Sophie?"