Chapter 38

“We got your letter Princess Reese,” Princess Lisa announced, slipping off her horse to greet her friend.

Reese openly hugged her, feeling happy to see them once again. Their hug was strong yet brief, pulling away to make way for the others. The princess hugged the rulers of Haven, grateful that they were always open to helping her out. Though it had been a few years since they last saw each other, their friendship and bond were strong, unbreakable.

“Let's get to the castle,” Princess Jisoo nodded with a smile. “Hoseok won't stop pacing.”

Reese couldn't help but chuckle lightly as she climbed onto Domino’s back, trying her best to ignore the burning pain in her shoulder. She was thankful that no one seemed to notice what had happened yet- she planned to only inform Jimin so that he could treat it. She shivered at the thought of Hoseok learning about her recent injury, he wouldn't be sunshine and rainbows anymore, instead, a bomb with a short fuse ready to go off.

Both Taehyung and SeokJin followed closely behind on their horses, while the four princesses led them to their castle. The four women had given the order that the army should be ready to be dispatched at a moment's notice before they were excused. In terms of military power, Haven was stronger than Asilyra, however, Reese's kingdom had more resources. In exchange for resources, their kingdom would provide men to protect Asilyra. The two kingdoms were in an alliance, and even now they were willing to help, even if it was against the kingdom of Statha, one of the world's strongest kingdoms.

Upon entering the kingdom, Reese was immediately called for by her personal guard. She slipped off of Domino and went over to him.
“I'm sorry Hoseok, but we got here safe,” she tried to reassure him.
“Don't you ever do that again princess,” he scolded while giving her a tight hug.
Taehyung and SeokJin watched from not too far behind, feeling jealousy sting their hearts.
“Would you two stop staring at them like that?” Jimin chuckled, walking up to the two.

The two stared at the pink-haired man with wide eyes. The last they heard from him was when he said that he was going for an errand. Yet he never returned to the castle, even before the Statha army invaded.
“What-” Taehyung tried to ask.
“I'm from Asilyra, your Highness,” he interrupted. “I found out about Reese because of her hairpin. My mother crafted it for the queen.”
“So you helped her?” SeokJin added.
“Of course,” he pink head nodded. “I may serve the royal family, but my heart belongs to Asilyra.”

Taehyung hummed, understanding where he was coming from.
“What about him?” he asked, pointing to the bored-looking man watching from afar.
Jimin turned, following the Prince's hand.
“Oh that's Yoongi,” Jimin answered. “He's a wanderer. He doesn't like violence, but he'll help us.”

Jimin was called to attention by Reese, requesting to talk in private. However, all she needed was for him to treat her shoulder wound. The four princesses followed. They walked off into the castle, leaving Hoseok, Taehyung, SeokJin, and Yoongi in the courtyard.

SeokJin and Hoseok looked at each other with blank faces, recalling their old relationship during their alliance. They were close, training partners. However, they went their separate ways after the agreement broke.

“Good to see you, SeokJin,” Reese's guard said, putting his hand out for a handshake.
SeokJin took it swiftly, firmly locking their hands.
“Good to see you too Hoseok.”
Turning to Taehyung, Hoseok bowed in respect.
“Your Highness,” he acknowledged.
“Nice to meet you Hoseok, you as well Yoongi.”
Yoongi bowed as well, returning the gesture.

“Let's go into the castle.”