Chapter 49

Reese woke up near a week later, aching all over from the muscles she had used to keep Namjoon at bay.

She sat up straight, head spinning and her side screaming in pain. Her hair was messy, her face was pale, and her body was weak, but she ignored all that and got out of bed shakily. She was in the castle still, but who had won?

Reese stumbled to the door, opening it with cold shaky hands, and she stumbled down the hallway, leaning against the wall for support as her side ached with every step she took. She slowly conquered going down the spiral staircase and she made her way to the training room where she heard noise coming from.

She leaned in the open doorway and saw Seokjin and Hoseok sparring with each other, Taehyung sparring with Lisa and the rest sat on the floor watching. No Namjoon in sight.

"I'm offended I didn't get invited to this gathering," Reese spoke softly, everyone's actions stopped and Reese swore they all stopped breathing. Their heads snapped to her before they smiled brightly, although Jimin's caring smile turned into a glare instantly.

"Did I tell you that you could get out of your bed your highness?!" He yelled standing up and running over to her.

"None of you were around to tell me if I could or couldn't." She smiled softly. "Thank you for tending to my wounds."

"Your welcome, how are you feeling?"

"Aching all over but I'll survive."

Jimin nodded before several other people came over, mentioning how they're glad she survived and how brave she was. She smiled, the four princesses, Jimin, Bambam, Baekhyun, and Yoongi walking out the room, saying they were going to go eat. That left Reese with Hoseok, Seokjin, and Taehyung.

"You're an idiot," Hoseok spoke softly. She smiled brightly at that.

"Yeah but I'm the idiot you have to protect." She took a few unsteady steps before falling into his chest and hugging him. "I'm so happy you're okay-"

"Don't worry about me, worry about yourself! You were stabbed!" He exclaimed, causing her to laugh softly.

"Clearly by someone who has terrible aim-"

"He hit an artery-"

"Didn't hit it deep enough, I'm still here." She winked. He sighed.

"I'm going to go grey before you can even be crowned queen." He ran a hand through his hair seemingly fed up with her.

"I think it'd suit you." Reese teased, Seokjin and Taehyung watching their conversation with smiles on their faces.

"I'm done. I'm going to dinner. I can feel the grey coming through." He teased back, kissing her forehead gently and platonically before leaving. She smiled softly before turning to the Prince and the Lord in the room.

"Are you two going to complain about going grey too?" She laughed softly, wincing when it hurt her side. Seokjin just took long steps towards her before embracing her, fearful of her side, so he barely put pressure on the side.

"You scared me." He whispered softly into her hair, pulling her against his chest. "D-Don't do that again, please."

"As long as nobody else tries to start a war I think I'll be fine-" she joked

"Don't make jokes about it- You were so pale, even Jimin panicked, and he won't usually panic about an injury." He muttered softly. "I'll let the Prince speak to you, but I'll come to visit your chambers later to keep you company."

"That sounds nice, thank you." She smiled and pulled away from the embrace. She saw Taehyung looking elsewhere in the room and Seokjin ruffled her hair before leaving the room.

She took steps forwards and collided face first with his chest, letting out a yell of pain. "Why are you solid there?" She whined softly.

"I'm sorry!" He apologized and cupped her cheeks to make sure she was okay.

"I'm fine, I just wasn't expecting that soft face to have a solid chest." She laughed quietly, and she hugged him. "Thank you, for fighting alongside me, for everything Your highness."

"It's no problem, my father is safe thanks to your message. We have Namjoon as a prisoner, along with Jungkook, we thought we'd vote on what to do with them." He whispered quietly. "Thank you for freeing my kingdom, and so many others."

She smiled and stayed stood against him, stood in his arms for a short while.

"You also postponed the whole ordeal of me finding a suitable wife, which my dad gets a final say in anyway, so thank you." He grinned, holding the girl as if she would break.

"All in a day's work, now should we go grab some food? I'm starving." She smiled and stepped back away from him. He nodded and they walked off towards the dining hall.