Chapter 35

She had a terrible feeling as she rode away from Ardarweien. Reese, Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi rode on through the forest. Before she had left, Seokjin has gifted her a sword. Nothing fancy, nothing super sharp, but something to keep her alive if it came down to her having to fight.

"Guys, I'm heading back." She spoke over the wind whipping past them. She stopped, the rest stopping in front of her. "Get to the next kingdom, I'll meet you guys there."

"I'm afraid I can't let you go alone-" Hoseok started but was cut off by Yoongi hitting him in one of his healing arms. "What was that for?!"

"You can't even withstand a punch from me." Yoongi scowled. "Princess, I severely disagree with your choice. But it's your choice."

"I agree with Yoongi." Jimin spoke quietly. "I don't like your choice, but you're in charge-"

"How could you both let her go like that?" Hoseok yelled.

"Because we have a greater chance of keeping her safe than all charging with her." Yoongi spoke. Hoseok sighed softly.

"Stay safe and come back to us, okay?"

Reese nodded. "Of course I will. I'll meet you tomorrow." She smiled at the three men, throwing Yoongi her bag of belonging before turning Domino back around and charging towards Ardarweien.

She got there and people were screaming, Namjoon must've gave his soldiers the order.

She galloped straight to the castle. "Go hide Domino." She spoke quietly, kissing the horses muzzle. The horse huffed before trotting off. She ran through the open gates and through the castle. Ardarweien guards sprawled out injured or worse through the castle.

Reese's hand flew to the hilt of her sword as she ran up the stairs, her dress gathered in her other hand. She panted lightly, listening out for the Prince and the Captain.

"Where are they?" She whispered softly. She ventured through the castle before she saw a door untouched.

She opened the door, shutting it behind her quietly. She turned and saw Seokjin there, sword aimed at her throat.

She raised her hands slowly, pulling the hood down. "You're both coming with me, okay?"

"Your highness? You came back?" Prince Taehyung asked, eyes wide.

"You showed me hospitality and kindness." She spoke quietly, back against the door. "Please allow me to repay the gesture."

The boys looked between the two of them before nodding slowly.

"We don't have much time." Reese spoke quietly. "Follow me."

She walked to the painting low on the wall and she pulled it from the wall and pushed against the brick wall with all her strength. It moved back and revealed a secret passageway.

"In, the both of you now." She commanded and they nodded and slid through the gap, she pulled the painting back in place after she slid in and she pushed the wall back into its original spot.

"How did you know that this was here?" Prince Taehyung asked.

"I got the architecture blueprints." She mumbled softly. "C'mon."

She ran down the hallway, leading the boys before they came out at the stables. She quickly opened the doors to the two boys horses and they mounted them quickly. She whistles and Domino came. She mounted him.

"Follow me, the kingdom isn't looking good, but I promise you I'll help you once I get my throne back." She spoke and they galloped off, hoods up and over their heads, as they headed in the direction she came from.

After a few hours of travel, they set up a camp in a cave.

"Why did you come back for us?" Seokjin asked softly as Reese lit a fire.

"I couldn't leave you two to fend for yourselves. I noted that your Father was in a neighbouring Kingdom that Namjoon hasn't touched yet. I've sent a letter addressed from Seokjin asking him to remain there as there was a threat looming over the kingdom. I got a reply saying he would stay there." She spoke quietly. "King Kim is quite safe for now, so don't worry Taehyung."

Taehyung nodded weakly. "You were right, I didn't even consider your words-"

"It's fine, we're all safe for now, and that's what matters." She whispered, yawning softly.

"I'll take watch, you two sleep." Seokjin whispered. Taehyung has no objections as he laid down on his cape that he had folded into a pillow.

"Are you sure?" Her voice was soft and quiet.

Seokjin nodded. She nodded and laid down near him, just in case he needed assistance for whatever reason. Soon sleep took over her, she just hoped the boys had gotten to the kingdom safely.